homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I made the Apple News App Front Page!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I made the Apple News App Front Page!
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 30, 2017 08:08      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you may (or may not) know I am the co-host of a little podcast called The Essential Apple Podcast, and yes, recently we had Nitrozac and Snaggy on as esteemed guests, and prior to them Garlic Guy - and it was great fun.

The other day, partly in response to some questions our latest guest asked me I thought I would write a little article about how I go about recording and editing the show and put it up on the website...

Nothing very special there - except the next morning when I opened my Apple News app what did I see sitting there on the front page under the Apple section? Why my little article!

I have no idea what prompted whatever algorithms to pick up that article - it isn’t even particularly “appley” in its tone. However it did pick it up, and so there you are... My little 15 minutes of fame for now

Oh My!
Photos or it didn't happen!

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2017 13:00      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is pretty shiny.
Posts: 1741 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 30, 2017 18:05      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [Applause]
Posts: 8105 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2017 07:26      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10676 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture