homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Has anyone used or planning to use "Future Adviser"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone used or planning to use "Future Adviser"
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2015 20:01      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone used or planning to use "Future Adviser"

Often while checking on my savings accounts "Future Adviser" will show up on the financial pages. Does "Future Adviser" work or only for them?

At some future date will all of my money go into a money pit?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2015 14:36      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what that is. linky?

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2015 19:50      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Futureadvisor.com

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2015 14:33      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a reasonably smart person. I don't know what half the words or phrases on this webpage mean. That is a red flag for me not to use thier sercives.

web page

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2015 20:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASH, I entered my savings accounts into their basic program, no account numbers just the share amounts and balances.

Their analysis was to sell all of my equities and buy from a different vendor?

I think that their advise may benefit them more than me.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2015 20:49      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going to try to go with something 'smart' and gimicky that's also cheap w.r.t. financial advice, why not go with something from a real company? Their ads are impossible to miss where I am these days, so maybe they accomplished their mission. [Razz] I read a fairly mixed review in the Times about it, but from what I gather, it's not terrible -- but it's also not as some of the well-known upstarts, or just going with fairly tried & true systems.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 24, 2015 02:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoever said "free financial advice is worth what you paid for it" was an optimist.

"If you're not paying for it, you're the product" is closer to the truth.

"Free" financial advice can end up costing you a bundle.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 24, 2015 09:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The front story Thirty five years ago, when IRA's were the new deal, I started with an adviser, he did not steer me wrong. I was working in a union shop with a retirement plan, and a savings plan. Then congress offered tax breaks to companies to start the 401's, so I got in MAX IN, for the next twenty years. So just after my 31 year anniversary the company offered high seniority employees a retire now offer 15K and your normal pension. My health was declining and I jumped ship. Two years later I got a letter from the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation, stating that my pension fund was no longer solvent, however I could still be covered at a lower benefit $700 less / month. and still have medical.

So here I am Eight years later with ten percent of my savings left looking for ways to prop up what I have left, right now I am drawing the PBGC monies SS and on occasion taking a withdrawal from my rollover IRA. The IRA is our play time money, I am trying to extend that as much as possible.

By the way my previous adviser has passed on so I can not ask him for advise.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture