homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » This would have been better if it happened on the night of 31/01

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This would have been better if it happened on the night of 31/01
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2013 07:56      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night as the Mrs and myself had gone to bed, and I was dosing off. The Mrs started waking me up that the lights came on. Yes in the dresser mirror, I can see that a light in the kitchen is in fact on.

I am usually the last to bed and have a route to check the outside and interior lights and doors, plus the head count on the cats. So I knew that all lights and doors, and cats were accounted for. However there is that range hood light ON. As I walk towards the range hood it goes out, no click of a switch but it does go out. I find that the switch is in the on position, I move it to off and back on, no light emanates from the bulb. I turn the switch back to the off position and return to bed while the Mrs. thinks of ghosts,

My thoughts are, that the suspect bulb had burned out earlier in the day, and some vibration had caused the filament to re-weld its self together for long enough for me to get out of bed and go investigate? Has anyone else had such goings on?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted November 06, 2013 14:47      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooo creepy!

When we lived in an old farmhouse, it was really, really spooky sometimes. Nitrozac once saw a coffee table moving back and forth with no apparent reason.

The people who live there now claim they saw a man's ghost at the foot of their bed!

EEEK! [Eek!]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2013 21:42      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy it gets weirder, I was later informed that one of the bulbs in the master bath ceiling fixture had burned out , however when I checked the fixture both bulbs lit correctly. The remote for the power adjust o-matic bed frame would light but that the bed was not adjusting, until the Mrs removed and replaced one of the batteries.

I am going to blame the solar Flares.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
RickYaeger

SuperFan!
Member # 1512

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2013 16:42      Profile for RickYaeger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmam5i03Vs

--------------------
==
One Question Interviews
JoT#534

Posts: 45 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture