homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » weight watching

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weight watching
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2013 07:48      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a few of us on these forums that have weight control problems. My Med. Practitioner suggest that I sign up at this web site.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

They have not tried to sell me anything yet. There are charts and logs to track Exercise, Food intake, Weight progress. I found the interface clunky but usable.

Back at the first of the year I weighed 100K/220lbs. I pigged out through Mar getting up to 233lbs/105.9K. Starting mid May after two weeks I have gotten down to 100K/220lbs.

My ultimate goal is 75K/165lbs. I now see that the daily read out helps with what I eat, thinking I only have this amount of calories left for the day.

YMMV

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2013 07:06      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started using MFP last year when I got back from New Zealand - a year of constant exams (revision food!) plus a couple of months in the land of the microwavable pie had got me to the stage where I was pushing too heavy to be allowed in the helicopter...

I find the act of tracking exactly how much rubbish you put in your mouth - and especially the calorific readout - are a huge motivator in losing weight. The ability to track your weight etc (I have mine also tracking body fat and water content) is quite rewarding too. Never had any problems with them pushing paid for content on to me (a couple of spam emails but Gmail handled that), and I use it on my computer and iPhone.

A combination of MFP, this cookbook and this app lost me 10kg over six months, and it's stayed off too!

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture