homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » The Mrs did not go bowling yesterday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Mrs did not go bowling yesterday
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2013 05:55      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morning all

Wednesday Morning are reserved for the Mrs to go bowling, league event at the local lanes. While the Mrs. was getting ready, her Cell phone showed an incoming call from the eldest Granddaughter. I answered to prevent the call from going to Voice Mail. From the noise in the background I thought that the call was a (sitterdowner dial) it was not the granddaughter was sobbing and crying. Through the sobs the Mrs, figured out that the GD had hit a patch of ice and was stuck down in a drainage ditch.

We finally figured out where she was and started toward her rescue. The roads were really Icy, about ten minutes before we get there a MSP Michigan State Police Officer arrived. The GD sure chose a deep ditch, no injuries, just wounded pride. A flatbed wrecker is called and the grand-kids get into our Jeep. While we are waiting the MSP leo goes to walk up to us, and misjudged the driveway, putting one foot into the deepest snow of the ditch. FACE PLANT, She got up dusted herself off and came up to our Jeep to talk to the Granddaughter.

Upshot no ticket, verbal warning, towing costs, and the entertainment of watching a LEO fall face first into a snow bank.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2013 14:13      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good that everyone is ok, It often also happens in Indiana, in our bog cornfields that people drive to ast on those long empty roads in winter and end up in the ditches between the road and the fields. Usualy the ditch is just deep enough to get you stuck a 2 - 3 guys can push out cars that have slid off the road.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2013 19:42      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great headline! Although, I was afraid it was going to be bad news.

Having been involved in accidents, I'm glad your granddaughter's had some humorous elements. I hope she's not traumatized. [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2013 08:21      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am afraid that she did not learn anything as she is trying to blame: Road Commission, not salting the road. Driver education classes, not teaching skid correction.

I think she is growing up a blamer.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2013 14:00      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
I am afraid that she did not learn anything as she is trying to blame: Road Commission, not salting the road. Driver education classes, not teaching skid correction.

I think she is growing up a blamer.

she should blame god.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2013 14:06      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope She should look in the mirror, I have offered to let her drive my truck on an Icy parking lot to practice skid recovery. Their vehicles are front wheel drive or all wheel drive. The truck is typical light in the rear and rear wheel drive, very easy to break loose.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2013 17:30      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She might grow out of the blaming thing. Emphasis on might.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2013 07:16      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During my writing the tale I forgot some rather funny details, The wrecker ran out of gas, thatís right folks the wrecker owner's wife drove to the scene with a Jerry can of fuel. Sorry I left that out. All of this time the Leo has the road closed.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2013 07:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of the time I went out for coffee with a friend in Sydney.
It's a well known fact that the coffee in Melbourne is the best in oz, so when I was visiting a Melbourne expat friend in Sydney he took me out to what he claimed was one of the few good coffee shops in Sydney.
They were out of coffee.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2013 23:50      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mr. Mo-Man!

That reminds me that this winter four people slid into the deep ditch in front of our property. How about that! Four!

Every time I would turn around, there would be another snow and another car in the ditch. Just amazing, huh?

Mrs. Geek says, "Bet they were on the cell phone. Serves them right!"

I say we should charge them $100 to land in our ditch! Ha-ha!

It is real deep, too. Over my head.

Sorry your GD did the ditch thing. I hope she was not texting!

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture