homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » So I'm in the middle of a road trip!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So I'm in the middle of a road trip!
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2012 15:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello from the Pizza Hut in beautiful Munising, MI!

I finally decided to take the road trip that I've always wanted to take since I bought my bus 10 years ago. To keep friends and family (and you guys!) updated, I created a blog about the trip. It's a shameless plug, but the url is: kris.is-a-geek.net.

I hope I'm entertaining. [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 31, 2012 16:21      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWESOME! How I envy you, I'd love to head out on the road again.

have fun! [Applause]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2012 05:50      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMKK, If you are still near Fayette, cross US-2 and find Indian Springs State Park, Just to watch the trout in the Springs area. It is even worth a little backtrack.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2012 19:01      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, by the time I read this, it's WAY more than "a little backtrack." I'm typing from the McDonalds in Mio....

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2012 05:51      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sept 5 6:00AM

MMKK I was at Bull Gap yesterday! By now you are probably on South of the hilltop. Hey you want a Siberian?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2012 16:58      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMKK I hope you saw some of these attractions.

Quincy #2 Mine hoist.

Cornish pump Iron Mountain.

Kitchitikipi - "Big Springs"

There just so many things to see in the UP.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2012 01:05      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Kris,

I hope you have lots of fun, shore 'nuf.

I will say this for your good memories and get thee away from chain food and eat the local food. Just ask folks where they eat and you will find it. It takes a sense to know good adv ice but it is really worth it.

For Independance day I wents all the way to Austin Texas just for brisket!

Fun!

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2012 20:40      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I stayed away from chain food, the only reason I sought out McDonalds was for the wireless. Almost all of the food I ate on vacation was cooked via Coleman stove or campfire.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture