homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Anyone not on Dropbox yet? (Dropbox spam)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone not on Dropbox yet? (Dropbox spam)
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted April 19, 2012 12:01      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you haven't got Dropbox yet, give it a try. We love it and use it all the time. How do we use it? We work within a Dropbox folder, so all versions of our work are automatically saved and can be recovered easily. It's saved the day many times.

2GB account is free! For every friend who joins and installs Dropbox via this link, they'll give us both 500 MB of bonus space (up to a limit of 16 GB)!

Here is the link.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2012 23:31      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Dropbox. For one thing, it works with Linux, in addition to Windows and Mac, so my Ubuntu systems aren't left out of all that cloud-storage goodness. It also has iOS and Android clients, so I can get at it from my iPhone or my Nook Color, too. And you don't have to do anything special...just put your files in the Dropbox folder, BAM, they're saved to the cloud. Convenient.
Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 26, 2012 05:32      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked over their TOS, it is not as bad as Google.
I also could not see a method of naming GeekCulture as refers. I may use it for saving family photo's.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2012 05:50      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TheMoMan wrote:
I also could not see a method of naming GeekCulture as refers.

The referral code is embedded in the URL. As long as you use the link that Snaggy posted to go to their site and sign up, they'll get the credit.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted April 26, 2012 19:46      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Verge has a article comparing a number of Cloud services terms...

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/25/2973849/google-drive-terms-privacy-data-skydrive-dropbox-icloud

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2012 07:55      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure makes it easy to post images to GG.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture