homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » This town...is lookin' like a Ghost Town

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This town...is lookin' like a Ghost Town
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2011 11:41      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I clicked on today's active topics.... nothing.

Emptiness...desolation... a strange creeping feeling of isolation...

Come on guys - quit hiding - you're scaring me - you are out there...aren't you? [Frown]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2011 11:59      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of this

-
 -

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2011 16:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Grummash, but it was a beautiful day out - I went to the Big Blue Room. [Smile]

TFD: Eh...somehow those shots don't startle me much, but perhaps that's because the URL says something about LA, and I'm not sure why anyone would want to be there. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted May 07, 2011 17:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was out with my mom today. [Smile]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2011 20:59      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those with Mothers, Wish your Mothers

Happy Mothers Day!!

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2011 06:31      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent Saturday doing housework and watching French zombie movies. I'm pretty sure that neither would have made for an interesting post.

Today was a bit more interesting. I took a friend out shopping for clothes and got to see her try on things that she'd never wear in public [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2011 15:04      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was playing with my bicycle and my garden. I, um, wore out my gardening gloves. When we moved to this place last summer I declared holy war on the weeds the previous tenants allowed to take over and the weeds are retaliating. The backyard flowerbeds are in especially bad shape. Someone in the past put down landscape fabric and I have grass growing up through the fabric and that complicates things. I may just have to suck it up and go herbicidal, but I really don't want to do that.

When I called my mother to wish her a happy Mother's Day and mentioned the glove thing she informed me she wasn't even aware that could happen. And the thing is, they weren't cheap and shitty gloves. They were real, honest-to-goodness work gloves, the same kind kreziserb wears in caves. In fact, he bought them for me because they're supposed to hold up. Go me. [crazy]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2011 16:10      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on an insane roller coaster this semester that involved an awful adviser telling me that I am not a scholar, failure of comprehensive exams, change to a more well-known adviser who assures me that I am awesome, retaliation by old adviser, feeling awful and depressed, then having a good friend die this past weekend.
I am really looking forward to isolation in the deserts of New Mexico this summer...

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2011 10:59      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, do tell! Who was that awful adviser? I hope it was none of my awesome profs up there.

I've been embracing my inner Granola Girl: making my own bread and laundry soap, cooking oatmeal in the slow-cooker instead of eating processed cereals for breakfast, improving my crochet skills, and learning to spin my own yarn with a drop spindle. On Saturday, I attended Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival with my mom and several friends.

How's that? [Wink]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2011 01:29      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played in my first baseball match for six years, and only managed one throwing error in nine innings. Given that my muscle (and fat) distribution is completely different to how my cerebellum thinks it is (I played a lot of baseball as a kid), I'm happy with that.

Other than that, revision owns my life. Yay med school [ohwell]

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2011 02:50      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still kicking around.

Moved out of Cali a while back and been settling in to our new digs. Work, school, family, the usual.

In my free time (rare that it is) I finally started playing guitar on a regular basis again. And our old Fiat project is now able to leave the garage and back in again using proper internal combustion!

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture