homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Every parents nightmare.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Every parents nightmare.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2010 02:28      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy who works at the desk next to me had his car stolen last night. He noticed it missing, called the cops, and gave them the details.

An hour later, the cops called back. His car was found wrapped around a tree, and the two 15 year olds who'd stolen it are in hospital fighting for their lives.

Druidling V1.0f turns 12 next week, 15 looks scarily close.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2010 02:59      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear the f models aer less likely to steal cars .

Though, they may really want to hang out with those who do.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2010 03:23      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ I second that!

ps

____ Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.. [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2010 13:13      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD

My oldest girl is 10 today... and 15 still seems scary close!!!

Teach the children well and hope you made an impact... it is all we have as the "old man" and hope the rules they decide to break are only the ones we did too...

F models don't seem so interested in stealing cars, as mentioned, but can be attracted to M models that think that is "kewl" - unless we manage to ingrain the routine "right v wrong" deeply enough - unfortunately that routine is known to contain some bugs that on newer hardware can sometimes take time to work out!

Talking to those that have experimented with programming such progressively newer hardware in the past the only solution seems to be constant checking and revising the subroutines!

Good luck - because as I have found (and been advised) the constant revisions in the "firmware" these models receive means that there is no guarantee that previously used subroutines will 100% work...

All we can do is take previously used codes and try to adapt them on the fly to the new variables to which the newer hardware models are exposed...

[Eek!]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2010 22:11      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My oldest girl turned 16 in September. She's doing fairly well learning to drive, but I am definitely not ready for this.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2010 03:58      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ The eldest granddaughter is driving now, I have yet to summon the courage to ride with her.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
ebrach121
Maximum Newbie
Member # 35541

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 29, 2010 16:05      Profile for ebrach121     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! On one very cruel hand it serves them right. But the other hand (which I am favoring) says OMG I hope there okay!!!!! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Elissa

Posts: 16 | From: Kawkawlin, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged
ebrach121
Maximum Newbie
Member # 35541

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 29, 2010 16:08      Profile for ebrach121     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! I'm sorry about that smilly face thing I'm a nebby and didn't know that your little faces stayed on from the same post. [Embarrassed] Smily face SO unapproprate for this subject! I'm Sooooo sorry!!!!

--------------------
Elissa

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2010 20:49      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ebrach121: If you click the little pencil icon above your post you can edit it.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ebrach121
Maximum Newbie
Member # 35541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2010 15:58      Profile for ebrach121     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? Wow cool!!! THanks!!!

--------------------
Elissa

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture