homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » While I was out...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: While I was out...
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2010 21:06      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought since I have posted a few other things I should also tell you all what I've been up to.

I graduated in Jan. 2007 with a BS in CS.

I got a job with the University I graduated from, I'm currently a Web Applications Developer.

I got married to the most wonderful woman in the world on Oct 20, 2007,

We became debit free sometime in 2008.

We bought a house in July, 2009. (now debit free except the house, and plan to pay it off as fast as we can and plan to never borrow again)

We had a baby girl 3 weeks ago. My wife and child are health and happy.

Somewhere in there I had a few talks with God, and am now Christian.

Also, at some point I gave up Game-Master.us, the riddle site had quite a bit of traffic for a while, but it was a lot more work than my life allowed me to put in.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 25, 2010 10:10      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, all those achievements requires a big round of congratulations! [Applause] [thumbsup] [Applause] [thumbsup] [Applause]

And nice to see you back, too!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
CW Smith
Geek Apprentice
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2010 19:17      Profile for CW Smith   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also offer my congratulations, but will quibble with you on this one small point:

I married the most wonderful woman in the world in July 1993. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Peace,
CW

guitar, bass, percussion, Macintosh.
http://www.cwsmith.fm

Posts: 42 | From: Des Moines, IA USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted February 27, 2010 20:37      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, to both of you.

EDIT: CW: I didn't know you married my wife while she was sill a minor! I'll have to have a talk with her and see what else she is hiding. [Razz]

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 28, 2010 08:35      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey GameMaster!

That's fantastic, I am glad you are happy. Congrats on the baby girl, that is wonderful news. As is the debt free part and the house payment plan... mag valour.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 04, 2010 07:41      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Snaggy.

--------------------
My Site

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 04, 2010 10:33      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have a newborn and now you find time to come back and wander the interweb tubes?

[Wink]

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 04, 2010 13:29      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been on the intertubes, just been away from GC.

--------------------
My Site

Drasca
Assimilated
Member # 276

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2010 10:47      Profile for Drasca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations GM! I remember when you were still pining away at bachelorhood! Now you're wonderfully chained [Smile] Nice transition

--------------------
-Drasca
"To dream is the most wonderful and foolish thing there is"

Posts: 400 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2010 06:53      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drasca:
Congratulations GM! I remember when you were still pining away at bachelorhood! Now you're wonderfully chained [Smile] Nice transition

NO WAY! [Eek!]

Drasca! Sweet lightning! Now that is a name I haven't seen in a looooooong while. How is life going for you?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture