homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I wrote a song...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I wrote a song...
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2009 19:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in a songwriting class. We had an assignment to write a Verse/Chorus song that contained a "rise" or Pre-Chorus section. I fell ill this week with a nasty flu, so I decided to base my song on that. Also, I recorded it as an MP3 and sent it to my professor so that he knows I'm not slacking off when I'm not there tomorrow.

Since I already had the MP3, I put it up on the interwebs to share with all of you!! Let me know what you think.

Swine Flu MP3 (~3.5MB)

Pardon the rough recording, it's still kinda' beta-ish; I recorded it quickly in one take. Also, I realize this song isn't exactly going to be my magnum opus....

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 04, 2009 21:55      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause]

-  -  -  -

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2009 22:50      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tamiflu rhymes, how about a line in third verse.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2009 22:53      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]

My husband is listening to this with me and just about fell out of his chair. He says he heard something similar in Serbian a couple years ago about bird flu.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2009 02:25      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This could be the next big 'viral' hit on the intarweb.
[thumbsup]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted October 05, 2009 08:22      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just let it be [Wink]

Nice composition, anyway ^^

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2009 19:08      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard, I thought the same thing!

No offence, Mr. Mac Man. It is still a fine song! And even better for a sick man!

Swine flu, swine flu.

It's not for the birds. It's for you.

You can't bring home the bacon.

So what else are you going to do?

Please write more songs for us Mr. Mac Man!

You have a nice voice and a smile in your lyrics.

Now, do you have an answer, for my prostate cancer?

Mr. Geek 2u!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2009 08:58      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMKK - excellent song! [Applause] [Applause]

A very slight touch of Roger Waters in the melody, but that is no bad thing. You have a nice voice too. I'm impressed. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Geek 2U :

Now, do you have an answer, for my prostate cancer?

Well, I wouldn't be committing perjury, if I said the answer was surgery!

Hope you don't mind a little rhyming fun, Mr. Geek 2U - you have my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2009 14:41      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the kind comments, everybody. [Big Grin]

I'm kind of proud of this one, it seems well received.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Double D
Geek Larva
Member # 786

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted October 09, 2009 12:34      Profile for Double D   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work! Clever lyrics to an appropriately mellow tune with classic rock ballad overtones, as previously noted.

Keep up the good work and be well!

--------------------
--D2--

"Love is the nonpossessive delight in the particularities of the other." -- Dr. James E. Loder

Posts: 20 | From: West-By-God-Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture