homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Similar to the Miami question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Similar to the Miami question
teleny
Geek Larva
Member # 200

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted July 07, 2009 23:14      Profile for teleny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you were going to spend a fun, geeky weekend in Manhattan, what would you do? Kudos for cheap, kind of offbeat things to do...e.g. I'll shuck out for a museum, but think twice about a club. Anything that calls for any clothing more formal than a black jeans and T-shirt is out...I just don't have the luggage space.

--------------------
--teleny, friend of cats.

Posts: 22 | From: The Plains of Hamden,CT,USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted July 08, 2009 08:37      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definitely go to the lobby of the Chrysler Building... art deco heaven. [thumbsup]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2009 14:24      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, you could try one of these

/me never understood the fuss about doughnut shops, but is clearly in the minority.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
CW Smith
Geek Apprentice
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted July 10, 2009 06:16      Profile for CW Smith   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're in near the Dakota building, wave hello to Yoko for me. [Cool]

--------------------
Peace,
CW

guitar, bass, percussion, Macintosh.
http://www.cwsmith.fm

Posts: 42 | From: Des Moines, IA USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted July 10, 2009 07:47      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And across the street from the Dakota, let me take you down to Strawberry Fields.

other place I like...

-MOMA
-all the museums
-CBGBs, alas, it's gone now I think. [Frown]
-"Top of the Rock" viewing floor at Rockafeller Center, neat because you are right amongst the skyscrapers rather than high over them.
-any view of the Brooklyn Bridge.
the pizza... drooool.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture