homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Tell me the truth...Do NOT hold back!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tell me the truth...Do NOT hold back!!!
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2009 16:57      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so I have this tattoo that is old and I just don't like it anymore. I am going to get a cover up for it and have been researching designs for months now. So, anyway I being an Apple addict, and also a huge Biology geek was running through some geeky tat ideas...OK, here is my favorite so far...do not laugh...I really like the Apple genius atom thingie...I mean it just suits me in lots of ways...well, what ya'll think? HONESTLY!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted April 19, 2009 19:30      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this one...

-

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2009 20:25      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG: we may need Scientific Evidence of the existing tattoo, in context, before we can make a decision on the replacement.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2009 01:09      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think an apple genius tattoo wouldd pretty much rock. I would consider stealing that idea if a) I weren't afraid of needles and b) loved Apple.

Angryjungman has a pretty awesome Mac tattoo, maybe if he pops in, he'll link a photo of it.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2009 05:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a little while, you may be able to get a programmable tattoo

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
tim-e
Geek Larva
Member # 22073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2009 01:02      Profile for tim-e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those programmable tattoos rock. I'd get that.

I like the Genius logo idea. It's cool. Do it.

Posts: 26 | From: Sydney, AU | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2009 13:15      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

Angryjungman has a pretty awesome Mac tattoo, maybe if he pops in, he'll link a photo of it.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Tattoo Pic 1

Tattoo Pic 2

Man my arm looks really fat in that second picture....

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2009 14:52      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey jung...OT, but I saw this today:
http://royal.pingdom.com/2009/04/28/marriage-proposals-in-true-geek-style/

(Obviously I know about the original, but you might be interested to know that it's gotten a new spotlight.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2009 05:22      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Hey jung...OT, but I saw this today:
http://royal.pingdom.com/2009/04/28/marriage-proposals-in-true-geek-style/

(Obviously I know about the original, but you might be interested to know that it's gotten a new spotlight.)

Nifty, I'm Internet famous again [Razz] . Thanks Dman. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2009 09:31      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked this one:
quote:

My wife was a college professor when we were dating; I was studying biochemistry. I wrote a perl script that treated the letters of my proposal as a string of amino acids, translating them to a corresponding mRNA transcript. Then I sent her an email, claiming I needed help with my biochem homework: translating an mRNA to amino acids.

Later, in her office, she fired up DNAstar, translated the message, looked at the peptide sequence a while, then said, “This mRNA is messed up: the first residue isn’t even a methionine… it’s not polyadenylated… HEY!!” Once she saw her name at the beginning of the sequence, it was all over.

This year is our sixth anniversary, and we have a beautiful 4 1/2-year-old daughter.

Emphasis mine. [Applause]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2009 09:49      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geekygoddess:
I really like the Apple genius atom thingie...I mean it just suits me in lots of ways...well, what ya'll think? HONESTLY!

Not sure if you actually have gotten the cover-up done, but a couple things to consider.

There is a lot of whitespace in the logo. Will it actually cover up what you have now without having to add a bunch of miscellaneous crap to the design? You may be taking simplicity and tossing it out the window and instead may wind up with some gawdawful design that doesn't make it better, only worse.

Now that I have hit this third decade, I have realized that branding myself is a pretty stupid idea. Think about tattooing Bon Jovi on your shoulder. Great idea in '92, would you still do it now?

Laser, that strange chemical ink they are producing and a host of other methods to reduce and remove tattoos are still expensive, and can be painful.

I had the prerequisite stoner tattoos from back when I was much younger and dumber. And now I am covering them up with stuff that is actually personal and have some sort of meaning to me. really look at what you are considering on adding and ask yourself, "if this no longer is true of me in a decade, would I still be proud to have this on me?"

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2009 10:25      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CommanderShroom wrote:
Think about tattooing Bon Jovi on your shoulder. Great idea in '92, would you still do it now?

Don't judge me [Razz]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture