homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Shroom's got a new toy.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shroom's got a new toy.
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2009 09:42      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all. Life's been busy. Trying to keep with b-days, moving, working... life in general.

My blog has currently fallen by the wayside due to lack of work on the project, time and of course the ever elusive cashflow.

But recently I acquired myself a new toy to obsess over.

-

A 1959 Ford F-100. Mostly original too. Including the 292 Y-block and a three-on-the-tree. I am kickin it Ol' Skool like my grandpappy.

A few more bits and pieces to replace and I should be using it as a kid-getter and grocery hauler.

Otherwise life is ticking along and I have no complaints. Except for this case of hives I broke out in and testing for our next software release.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 27, 2009 10:18      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoa! nice.

whoa, a lot of work! mag valour in advance on the effort. [thumbsup]

I miss my Swiss Aqua blue pickup truck. [weep]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2009 13:35      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] I like that!

With a couple of coats (ok - lots of coats) of candy-coloured paint that could be a very stylish ride [Smile]

or it could be a just-about-legal dustbin-on-wheels [Razz]

Either way, it looks cool. Just a little warning though...... if you choose option two, be careful not to drift into dungaree-wearing, tobacco-chewing and saying "Varmint!" [Wink] [Razz]

<singing>
"Let me tell you a story 'bout a man named Ged
a poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed...."

</singing>

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2009 17:22      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Cool truck. Congrats. But why paint it? Looks great the way it is. Kind of like antique furniture, never ever refinish or paint it, it ruins the re-sale value on antiques roadshow.hahaha
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2009 20:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rust aside, the color is actually quite nice.

/me thinks back a bit to driving a POS truck around work...ah, memories. *sigh*

It'll surely be a bit of work, but I think you've got a great new toy! [Big Grin]

Also, long time no see - work craziness aside, I hope life it treating you well! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2009 01:39      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____________________ CommanderShroom __ Hey I can remember when a good crop of wheat would buy a brand new truck like that. Now a good crop would still buy a truck like that.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2009 10:43      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can't seem to get the old car bug out of me. Got a nice little "new" car and it bores me to tears. So I have a some strange masochistic streak in me that I just can't seem to squash.

The rust is thankfully light, and it looks like Earl Schieb did a number to it many moons ago so the nasty blue lays on top of a stock babys*** brown. So some is rust, some is Ford's fault from the factory.

I am waiting for payday to finish up the refresh for grocery getting, so possibly next week I will have it registered and running around. I have to pull the bed off and do some junk hunting to repair it and of course I am still shopping for a welder to help me along.

I <3 this stuff. It keeps me unfocused and I get to stay high from the raw gas fumes.

Life has actually been quite good to me lately. And I can honestly say that I am good right where I am at.

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture