homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Should Sprocket Keep His Beard?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should Sprocket Keep His Beard?
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted January 29, 2009 18:46      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sprocket has been sprouting a new beard lately. I think it looks good on him, makes him look more mature, but his GF has some issues with it. I suggested we ask you guys...

Here is a pic of Sprocket and his GF from Nov. 27th 2008, pre-facial hair:
 -

And now two pics taken just an hour ago:
 -  -

Should he:
  • (A) Keep the beard.
  • (B) Keep the beard, but get rid of the mustache-y thing
  • (C) Shave it all off.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2009 19:18      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(D) Let it grow and try for this look:
 -

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2009 19:19      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see the pics MMKK.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2009 19:21      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shave it all off! I usually like facial hair on a boy, but this makes him look too old, and sometimes it can be scratchy on the girls face. Just sayin'

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 29, 2009 20:51      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shave it all.

Girlfriend likes that more = Sprocket happier.

[Smile]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2009 21:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Snaggy on this one, always obey the gf.

</henpecked>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2009 21:28      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMKK is correct. Sprocket does look more mature with facial hair. Some men need facial hair; otherwise they look like little boys. Others, like kreziserb, need facial hair so they don't look like ax murderers.

That said, when it comes to facial hair and grooming, always do what the girlfriend says.

Steen, only you. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2009 21:44      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry Sprocket, it looks well bad. shave it

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2009 23:56      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep the beard. If the GF can't deal with it, get a new GF. [evil] [Razz]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2009 00:54      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep the beard. Lose the face. [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2009 02:11      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________ WOOOOO Boy __ This brings up many questions.

A: Is sprocket the Chainwheel or driven?

B: Is this a test of their relationship?

C: Does he get to dictate her grooming habits?

D: Is her name Lola, (whatever, Lola Wants, Lola gets)?

E: Why are they together?

D: Is she a Hood ornament, Bowspirit, or just plain high maintaince?

E: Is she involved in opera (me,me,me,meeeeeeeee)?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2009 04:08      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MoMan! I am shocked at you! Well, not really!
If the girlfriend finds him more attractive this way, well, hello! Makes complete sense to me. Women do this sort of thing EVERYDAY!

Now, OFF with the beard!!!

--------------------

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2009 05:02      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____________________ Why __ Why do many women think that men need to be taken apart and reassembled to suit them? The last I remembered we all come out ready to be raised, then sent out on our own. No woman was in the jungle telling me how to stay alive, I had learned that on my own. My first wife tried to change me, that did not work. You pick a mate based on who you want to live with and possibly have children with, not who you want to remake.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2009 09:33      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geekygoddess:
I usually like facial hair on a boy, but this makes him look too old, and sometimes it can be scratchy on the girls face.

.....and her inner thighs
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2009 09:52      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on how many issues she has with the facial hair.

If you really want the beard, I say keep it. If it is just something done for no particular reason, then ditch it.

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2009 11:52      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MoMan! You misunderstood me. Mak said the girlfriend had issues with it, not shave it or I will dump you! And you are right about people trying to change people, and they shouldn't, but, if I ask my boyfriend if he prefers my hair long or short, I would try and keep it the way he likes it, why not? Why should we not try and make our significant others happy? I don't think that justifies remaking him.

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2009 03:31      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________ geekygoddess __ MoMan! You misunderstood me. As you do me. I related that my EX tried to change me, it did not take. I was never the Govenor's Ball type, Social Climber, my job pays more than your job type.

She wanted to be in that circle, I did not. If we were some place and some other woman upstaged her it was time to go. Think of Neil Diamond's "Cracklin Rosie"

The MrsMoMan does not need to turn heads to be happy, lets go for a putt. She would rather idle through the woods and see wild life than be the wild life at some party.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2009 13:17      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so this has been interesting. My gf doesnt mind it. It was the fact that it was still in the itchy stage and its quite long and i plan on triming it if not taking it all off.

Im just not sure how much of it i want to keep. I know i want to keep the side burns. and I don't like the mustache. But should i keep the goatee along with the side burns?? What y'all think??

Posts: 79 | From: Ypsilanti | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2009 17:19      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________ what ever makes you feel comfortable.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2009 11:14      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The issue isn't so much the beard (although it is reminiscent of a picture of another member here whose beard was curly and untrimmed) as it is the hair on top of your head. It looks damp and sweaty and mashed down and just plain gross. Style your hair nicely, trim your beard neatly, and you'll pass inspection, I think. (I may change my mind after seeing it.) You are very cute in the first picture; I'm not sure why, but I'm impressed.

Have you tried a goatee?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2009 19:50      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok so i got impatient and decided to just shave it off cause it was just to much to wait for people to weigh in and i was getting mixed signals from the gf so i shaved it off and after i did she was kinda disappointed!!!

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code.

If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted February 01, 2009 22:29      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, what a shame. Well, it'll grow back.

I really like beards, and I have a nice example where there can be both geeky and cute.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2009 04:20      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have that tie somewhere!!!!!

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code.

If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture