homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » OK, weirdest corpse story I've read today

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK, weirdest corpse story I've read today
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 12, 2009 14:53      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Radiologist falls in love with tuerculosis suffering girl. Girl dies. Radiologist exhumes corpse, encases it in wax, dresses it up, and lives with corpse for 7 years until the family finds out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Tanzler

[Eek!] [crazy]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2009 15:36      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww... [hearts] [Happytears]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2009 17:15      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've lived with worse.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2009 22:34      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A paper tube! that has got to chafe sometinig nasty.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 13, 2009 04:35      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Wikipedia link, Snaggy? What were you looking up that got you to this crazy story?! [Eek!]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2009 05:06      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird, in that it is one persons obsession.

I've always found it weird what others will go along with.
Jeremy Bentham: As requested in his will, his body was preserved and stored in a wooden cabinet, termed his "Auto-icon". Originally kept by his disciple Dr. Southwood Smith,[13] it was acquired by University College London in 1850. The Auto-icon is kept on public display at the end of the South Cloisters in the main building of the College. For the 100th and 150th anniversaries of the college, the Auto-icon was brought to the meeting of the College Council, where he was listed as "present but not voting".[14] Tradition holds that if the council's vote on any motion is tied, the auto-icon always breaks the tie by voting in favour of the motion.

I've seen the fellow, and the only reason I can understand for his presence is because no-one knows how to get rid of it.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2009 08:13      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first thought was "romantic... creepy and disturbed, but romantic."

My second thought was "how many corpse stories does Snaggy read in a day?"

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
sullynick
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 25994

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted January 13, 2009 11:22      Profile for sullynick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy needed a RealDoll.
And a good psychiatrist. [shake head]

LoneWolf
Mini Geek
Member # 4966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 14, 2009 13:49      Profile for LoneWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You read about corpse stories everyday?
Posts: 61 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 14, 2009 20:29      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Sadly yes. This is planet Earth, 21st century. Almost every news story involves corpses of some kind.
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2009 01:14      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Not every day. Spungo just doesn't post as often as he used to. I wonder if Tanzler was any relation.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2009 10:18      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tanzler was psychiatrically examined, and found mentally competent to stand trial on the charge of "wantonly and maliciously destroying a grave and removing a body without authorization."
Seriously. The dude was living with a rotting body. On purpose.

Mentally competent? Quacks.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2009 10:37      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's sweet, in a sick kinda way:)

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2009 11:02      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:
Tanzler was psychiatrically examined, and found mentally competent to stand trial on the charge of "wantonly and maliciously destroying a grave and removing a body without authorization."
Seriously. The dude was living with a rotting body. On purpose.

Mentally competent? Quacks.

I may argue the guy surely knew she was dead an decomposing. I don't believe necrophilia by itself is a mental disease, it's more like a deviation. The guy was clearly a deviant, but he was in his five senses, knowing what he was doing.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture