homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I need to vent...got a sec?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need to vent...got a sec?
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 14:55      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG!!! I am so annoyed right now! So, I watch my friends house, who is in Afganistan, and she asked me to go let the cable guy in today so she can have internet while she is here next month. So, this is a brand new house and she is severely OCD, so I keep it spotless for her. Well, Bud, from Comcast walks in with his muddy boots all over the new carpet. I am a nice person so instead of saying anything to him I just get on my knees and start cleaning it up. And he just watches me, continues going in and out the door. But, the straw that broke the camels back is when he asked to see my laptop to check the internet. So, I hand it to him and he says, "Ummm, an Apple?" I was like yeah, why? "These are so complicated, may take me a while to figure the set up" Then he goes on for at least 20 minutes under his breath about my stinkin' computer. Then he asked for my passcode, and I went over to type it in, he was like, "you don't trust me?" I was like, Nobody gets my password. That just angered him, and then he finished up his job, and left. BLah! wtf?

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 15:42      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________________ Comcast says it all. No need for the rest of your rant, Charter is right up there with them, along with all of the others that claim to provide a service.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 20:05      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That stinks. The Time Warner guy that came to upgrade our cable modem to a digital phone modem a year or so ago was happy we had a Mac, said it was easier to configure.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 2 posted December 01, 2008 20:56      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you had everyone here fooled into thinking you really are a GeekyGoddess.

Now we know better. After all:

Friends don't let friends hook up with Comcast.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 04:18      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to save face, Comcast is the only choice in my neck of the woods, so you see, I have no choice! [Eek!]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 04:32      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
________________________ Dish Network, DirecTV, Hughesnet, Starband, and several others still have birds in the air, also A.T.& T. and Alltel, plus others in the cell phone industry have over the air ISP set-ups.

So if your friend wanted DSL speeds and did not want the house drilled and wires stapled every where, go with a data plan wireless.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 05:40      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny... When the Comcast guys show up for my mom, they put on plastic booties when they come inside the door to prevent the muddy problems you describe.

As for the rest... Well, I never had the trouble with them we did with Dish Network and DirecTV. Comcast actually set a specific time to show up, and they did. The prices I was told I was going to pay is what I *actually* paid. And, the tech's I've talked to during set ups, as well as some I've known personally, have been very knowledgeable and helpful. You just had a complete arse [thumbsdown]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture