homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Two Things

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two Things
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2008 13:38      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two thing i want to share.

Winter is coming and so is the snow. I plow for a local company in Michigan. This year not only am i a Plow Truck Driver, I am also going to be a Salt Truck Driver for our Downtown Ann Arbor Accounts.
I am so Stoked!!! LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, which might not be as exciting as the previous, but i am really excited about it. I HAVE FOUND A BARBER SHOP IN THE AREA THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME. The three guys that work there are all cool and very social. They also shave your hair line from ear to ear with a old style straight blade razor!!!! I think i am going to get my face shaved there next time it needs to be done. It was an incredibly close shave!!!

All in all, Work is better. And the barber for cut and trim and shave was only $15. A shave cant be too expensive. We shall see.

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code.

If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.

Posts: 79 | From: Ypsilanti | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2008 14:04      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I am glad you are excited about the snow, I despise it! I guess living on the beach for ten years has spoiled me a bit:) The other thing is that when it snows around here the entire town shuts down. It is complete madness! Also, it interferes with my ability to wear flip-flops, which I wear ten months out of the year [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2008 22:52      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like it when I got a shave in a barber shop with a straight edge razor. Every time the razor went over my throat I thought "is this the end?"

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2008 11:02      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
I don't like it when I got a shave in a barber shop with a straight edge razor. Every time the razor went over my throat I thought "is this the end?"

I once went into a barber shop where the barber cleaned up my sideburns with a straight razor. Just that was enough that, the whole time, I was just thinking to myself, "Don't move! Don't move! Don't move!"

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2008 18:54      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just like the close shave! Im not too worried!!!

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code.

If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.

Posts: 79 | From: Ypsilanti | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 19, 2008 23:12      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun man. I am over in Cereal City and I just want the roads out to the fort clear so I can get to work... which reminds me that I need to check if my friend Leroy is on the plows this year... he has a bad habit of deliberately plowing under people he knows.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture