homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I baked cookies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I baked cookies
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2008 18:17      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really tasty cookies with Skor bars chopped up in them.

I thought I'd share the recipe

Ingredients
1 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/8 cups packed brown sugar
1/8 cup white sugar
1/2 (3.4 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped up Skor bars and/or chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Mix in the pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour and baking soda. Finally, mix in the Skor bits and/or chips. Arrange blobs of 2-3 tablespoons of dough on ungreased cookie sheets leaving 3-4 inches in between. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 350F until edges are golden brown and center looks done. Remove to a plate or cooling rack to cool because the bottoms will burn if left on the pan.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2008 19:02      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen, what in the devil is a SKOR bar?

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2008 19:13      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a crunchy toffee bar covered with a thin layer of chocolate.

You -could- do a google search, y'know.

*edit*

And what a lame post this, my 5000th post, turned out to be.

Wooooooooooooo. Yay. Stuff.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2008 19:44      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!!! I shall call you Mr. 5000!!
That is crazyness, you know how much typing is involved in that? [Eek!] And let's think, how much time was consumed? [crazy]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2008 04:06      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's officially my next baking project.

Last night I made some boring 'ol brownies, but butterscotch pudding might be an interesting addition to those as well.

My favorite so far is to bake cupcakes, cut off the muffin-top bit and put a layer of pudding (made with a small amount of heavy whipping cream instead of milk, so it's firm enough to act as a filling). The flavors differ, depending on the cake and what I want.

Sometimes icing is involved on top as well, though completely unnecessary. Tasty enough a guy I work with paid me to bake him some. [thumbsup]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2008 09:03      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had forgotten about Skor Bars, I've always preferred Heath Bars. Hershey makes both which seems odd being they're both toffee bars.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2008 00:41      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Different types of toffee however.

I love them both, but I believe Skor is my favorite of the two. Of course, I could be wrong.

I'll have to buy one of each now -_-

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture