homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Awwww, I want my own subterranean fortress!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Awwww, I want my own subterranean fortress!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted November 04, 2008 08:21      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Underground Fortress is an 8th wonder of the world! It is an unbelievable feat of engineering. The Fortress goes a total of 45 feet under the house! That is below sea level! The fortress has over 1600 sq. ft. of living area, plus hundreds of more square feet of passages and secrets rooms. It was all hand dug over a 20 year period, and all the walls were constructed with a small electric hand cement mixer.

http://www.oneofakindhouse.com/

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xindaiel
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 23351

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2008 10:13      Profile for Xindaiel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forget having my own underground fortress - where did they get the hand mixer? My hand tools dont stand a chance at lasting long enough to build a whole freaking house - much less a fortress!

--------------------
I have danced on the stripper pole at the edge of the world.......and liked it.

Posts: 4 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2008 12:53      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking paranoia until the bit with the manholes and kids' entrance. Then I decided that it may have started with paranoia but it ended with someone having far too much fun.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2008 17:36      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, I thought the title said "forest."

[shake head]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2008 17:49      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Um, I thought the title said "forest."

[shake head]

Heh. I saw that at first, too. I thought someone had seen these, or something similar.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2008 06:11      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
I thought someone had seen these, or something similar.

Wow.. I give this entire thread a [thumbsup]

EDIT:
I just noticed.. Leave it to someone in WA near the Canadian border to be the one to dig an underground fortress...

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2008 13:24      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had just seen a video today about someone who built an underground shop. He built it to avoid zoning issues with an above ground structure. I was drooling over that kind of a shop - but that is nothing compared to that house. Wow.
Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
tim-e
Geek Larva
Member # 22073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2008 04:35      Profile for tim-e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have compulsory voting here in Australia. Oddly enough, "informal votes" (all votes that don't satisfy electoral requirements, or have "f**k you" scrawled across the ballot paper) is quite low, around 5% I think.
Posts: 26 | From: Sydney, AU | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
tim-e
Geek Larva
Member # 22073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2008 04:37      Profile for tim-e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops, replied in the wrong thread. Move along, nothing to see here.
Posts: 26 | From: Sydney, AU | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture