homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Unsauced

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unsauced
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 11:09      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Health problems, financial setbacks including a legal "David-and-Goliath" battle with David (us) on the losing end. You gotta love corporatism...

Gone is Garlic Head, K and L Products and TCI.

Thanks to past supporters and friends.

Serenak, I'm sorry if my emails seemed oppressive. I am quite depressed, but being of Irish decent am planning on surviving if only to spite the bastards.

Others, thanks for the well wishes.

To the Universe and Beyond!

gg

Snaggy - Thanks for the avatar restoration - it helps.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 11:20      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garlic Guy - this is sad news.

I hope that the Irish bit of you is the stubborn bit that will carry on with a grim determination to leave the world in a little better shape than how you found it.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted September 25, 2008 11:40      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG, sad news. And a legal fight to top it off? Frig. [Frown]

but it's great to see you here GG. I hope you are feeling better soon.

[Smile]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 12:09      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I ran out of sauce a few months back. shucks.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 12:12      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nooooooooo!

I will barbeque with my Garlic Head tonight in your honor.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 12:57      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about all that GG. Here's hoping that things will start looking up for you soon.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 13:51      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that GG.
Maybe you could put your Irish heritage to good use, and set up a still.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted September 25, 2008 14:30      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really sorry to hear things haven't all been well for you, GG. If you need to vent off your frustration, feel free!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 14:59      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see you back on here Garlic Guy...

Your mail was not oppressive... just a little scary, I know what trouble heaped on trouble can do to a man (or woman) and - well to be honest I just kinda got really worried about you...

Glad that at least you can pull out the grit to say "I will survive, even if just to spite you b*st*rds"...

Just try to plug on an and don't let them grind you down my friend.

If you need an ear to vent to you know where to find me...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 15:08      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG sorry to hear that some stuff fell through. But at least it leaves you time for some Irish pursuits.

-

Honestly though. Glad to see you are still kicking. And I will send some good thoughts in your direction.

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 15:49      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
garlicguy I am very sorry to hear of this. It is very hard when something you have put so much of yourself into comes to an end, especially when that end is so unjust. You cannot help but grieve for the loss for a while.

However I am also certain that the the fun, mischief, and cheek that were also part of the spirit of the thing will come bubbling back, and another unlikely opportunity will inspire your enterprise and undoubted capacity for hard graft. You are the Willy Wonka of these forums, and I have little doubt that within a few years your megacorporation Eccentric Industries Inc will be inflicting further products of dubious value on an increasingly sceptical public. [Wink]

Take care gg, and it is nice to have you back. You have been missed.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 17:26      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry, GG. Chin up, though-things will get better.

Welcome back.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 17:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG, who put the lawyers onto you?
I'll add them to my list of companies I don't do business with.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted September 25, 2008 19:20      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear about all of that, gg. My prayers are with you and your family.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 19:36      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a 'me too' from yaya. Sorry to hear about the troubles on your plate right now.

Please hang in there.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2008 20:04      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, that's pretty rotten, gg. I am glad to see you back, though, and I did miss the old avatar a little [Smile]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 26, 2008 07:41      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me waves

So sorry to hear about your troubles, gg. What has the world come to when its awesomest people are getting a raw deal? Hang in there and be sure that very many of us are glad to provide a collective shoulder should you need it.

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 26, 2008 11:50      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG – You have my full empathy on this one. I'm facing a similar situation as far as end results are concerned. I second TFD's question, which bastage company put the lawyers to you?

I don't know if you'll take solace in what I'm about to share, but at the very least know you are not alone. Most everyone I know who has a small business has either shutdown, is on the brink, or is crapping their pants trying to figure out if they'll be able to make it to next year.

I'm all ears if you need. May the Fates hold something even better for you.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 26, 2008 19:08      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the well wishes, gang! I do hang around here a bit, but rarely post anymore. Some of that would be for political reasons (Ron Paul supporter) and some is due to recurring depression.

As for who done it, you would not be able to shop at your local food store if you boycotted them - it is a division of the largest food distribution company in the world. That's what happens when the little guys (me) try to play in the same game with the 8 giants of the food oligopoly (them).

Oh well. If only Paul Newman were not in his final days. We had established contact and have similar interests in furthering the cause of young folks. Alas, he'll soon be gone. But who knows.

Again thanks! For any with similar disorders, you know that encouragement helps. So to all here who encourage more often than attack, accuse or criticize: Yay YOU!

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2008 11:56      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gg: Terribly sorry to hear of your troubles. :/

Best of luck in your battles - may you find some kickass free lawyer to wipe the smirk off the big boys....and get some peace to mend yourself.

To carry the trend of the last bajillion posts: Make that coffee...Irish. [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2008 17:38      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________ GG __ I do not wish harm or trouble to anyone, I may disagree with your views but defend your right to have them. From your posts I have gleaned that you were a Naval Aviator, You should have come up with while at sea I was Angel one or two. We both put our asses on the line. Don't let the Bastards get to to you, don't loose your soul to them. They are not worth it.

_____Now if you still have your ticket go drill some holes in the sky. If not dream it, Hey your views on the Swiss Air JET-MAN, that has got to be one hell of a ride. I can close my eyes and imagine the ride that has got to be way cool.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture