homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » IKE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IKE
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2008 04:43      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________ I will never be smug about the Saffer=Simpson scale again, however I still believe that defining a Tropical Cyclone only by wind speed is stupid.

Now is DoctorWho still with us and any one else that is or was looking down the barrel, of IKE.

I am supposed to go help load the Disaster Coach but we have not unloaded from the last trip.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2008 14:27      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still here. I just wasn't able to get online this weekend due to the fact that I still don't have cable service since Gustav. Ike didn't do any damage to Houma but the lower lying areas of Terrebonne and the other costal parishes were flooded pretty bad. I just got electricity back Sunday but my A/C wasn't working. [Frown] Got someone to look at it today and it wasn't too bad since it was just $145 to replace the capacitor. [Smile] I was afraid I was going to have to replace the fan motor and compressor.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2008 17:41      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________ DoctorWho __ I am so glad you posted, I have a friend that is in LA. Rerigging power lines, HV electrician good tradesman gone from home a lot. So DoctorWho don't scare us so much, please.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture