homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » filled up the holding tank of the rv

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: filled up the holding tank of the rv
robohackmaster
Geek Larva
Member # 20970

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted August 29, 2008 10:50      Profile for robohackmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i recently broke up with my gf, less than a month ago... And we shared a studio, so i moved out since there was no way that i could afford it on my own...

So my business partner is letting me stay in his rv thats parked right outside our main office...

I haven't been consistently staying in the rv, sometimes i'll couch it at a friends, or someone kind enough to share a bed..

Taking showers in an rv is interesting because you really have to rethink your whole body cleaning methodology...

Anyway.. today was especially interesting because as i finished rinsing (thank god) i noticed that the water was no longer going down the drain. Guess my holding tank/s are full and searching around the rv's perimeter, i couldn't figure out how to release my probably 6 showers worth of soapy water.

And it's been on my mind since i left to come to my real job, can't get a hold of my business partner, so now i just wait and think and hope that it wont smell too bad when i get back tonite...

so far so so...

CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2008 11:48      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually the tanks are at the rear of the coach.

Look at the under belly, you are hunting for a 4in black pipe. Near those pipes will be a pair of gate valves. One is for grey water - shower & sinks, the other black - toilet. These should be marked.

Let the black out first. This will have solid waste in it. after the black quits flowing, let out your grey tanks, this will help flush the pipe of the anything that was left behind from the draining of the black.

What type of RV are you using? On some of the higher dollar ones (Alpines, Safari's or other diesel pushers) the outlets are hidden behind a package door at the bottom. You want to look for a small decal on one of those doors mentioning waste gates or anything to that effect. Then you will of course need to have access to a dumping facility. If there is a KOA or a Camping World nearby, most of them will either allow free dumping or a dump at a nominal fee.

If you have any questions, let me know. I did a few years as a service tech for some of the high dollar RV stuff.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
robohackmaster
Geek Larva
Member # 20970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2008 13:37      Profile for robohackmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
What type of RV are you using? On some of the higher dollar ones (Alpines, Safari's or other diesel pushers) the outlets are hidden behind a package door at the bottom.

First off thankyou!
Thats really awesome you replied to my little story of the day.

It's kinda funny, it's an "Official RV of the 1980 Olympic Games" edition Southwind

Not really worried about the solid stuff, as i just use the bathroom in our office which is about 50 feet away.

Thanks for your help Commander!

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2008 15:49      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if you are dumping the tanks, might as well get them both. IIRC, the southwinds kept their bathrooms on the Passenger side near the rear wheels. I think the dump line is near there also. Mind you I have been out of the RV business for quite a few years now.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
robohackmaster
Geek Larva
Member # 20970

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted September 02, 2008 02:11      Profile for robohackmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
Well if you are dumping the tanks, might as well get them both. IIRC, the southwinds kept their bathrooms on the Passenger side near the rear wheels. I think the dump line is near there also. Mind you I have been out of the RV business for quite a few years now.

I figured it out! It's a really big black pipe on the drivers side by the rear corner, it had a big cap, just pulled it off and GUSH! A week or so worth of showers! Really fast showers....

Thanks again Commander!

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2008 12:02      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it gushed out by pulling the cap. That means wither the vavle was left open, or you have a valve gone bad.

Glad to hear you got the tanks emptied out. But that tank holds all of the gray water. Kitchen and bathroom sinks plus the shower. So that means every time you wash your hands or do dishes, you are also filling that tank. So water conservation is pretty important.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture