homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I hate men

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I hate men
cheerdoll
Newbie Larva
Member # 18665

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted July 06, 2008 20:11      Profile for cheerdoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So..yep. I rly do. Well..I hate the ones around here anyway. They have one moment of romantic sincerity and let their brains go to their heads. I found out my ex-boyfriend made a bet on whether or not I would take my shirt off for one of his friends on a first date. How mature is that? Ha, and the funniest part is that he didn't think I would find out about it. In a town of >1000 people, things get around pretty quickly. I give up. Chocolate icecream and a bubble bath never gamble on my "looseness".

--------------------
*Give peace a chance*

Posts: 8 | From: Middle of Nowhere, USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2008 20:21      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me, you aren't alone on the hatred for men front. Lucky for us men, it dosn't last to long (I'm still all for there needing to be an min. IQ to breed and at least a min. maturity level to date).

Amen for chocolate ice cream

Welcome to the forums! [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted July 06, 2008 20:39      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Medium-to-Big cities FTW! Maybe it's time to escape cheerdoll. Welcome to the forums.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2008 21:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it's a bad idea to ask for photographic evidence, eh? [Wink]

(Honestly, I was very tempted to have a Cap'n Vic moment and say something a lot more direct...but tact got the better of me.)

Men are a completely evil and repugnant species...seconded only by the pure, undiluted evil that comes in a more lovely form known as women. Why can't we all just get along and try talking to one another?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2008 01:51      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi cheerdoll.

According to your profile you're what, sixteen? Guys that age can be jerks, and it's frustrating. Sounds like you have a good idea who you are and what you want, and most importantly how you should be treated. There's a reason that guy is your ex, obviously. Don't worry so much about him and his friends, instead maybe focus on hanging out with people (male and female) who treat you with respect.

(Also, for future reference, there's a whole section of the forum for relationship stuff.)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2008 04:06      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi cheerdoll!! Hate to bring ya down, but it really doesn't get much better!!! But, your young, and experience will make you wiser [Big Grin] Welcome!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Night Q. Hand
Geek-in-Training
Member # 19080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2008 04:35      Profile for Night Q. Hand   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't hate men in general, because I quite like myself :-D

Nah, seriously, you're sixteen, so I guess that your ex is somewhere between sixteen and twenty-one.

Well, as fs already said, many guys at that (meaning my ;-) ) age are idiots (Not me though, at least I think so). I see them every day and they're just... dumb. But... you'll just have to wait a little and probably one will come along who's a little less stupid ;-)

And... I do have to disagree with geekygodess. I know several guys who have matured out of the sixteen-years-old-state-of-mind. Strangely enough, most of them are the one's who don't have girlfriends - sometimes I think you girls like the more idiotic and primitive kind of men. Or you just don't like the other kind (well, at least the majority of you seems to be attracted more to primates, than to men).

There is more I wanted to say, but I forgot. So, I'll just post this now^^

--------------------
Human intelligence has a limit, for some it's higher, for some lower (J. Heinzelmann)

Posts: 31 | From: Münsingen, Germany | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2008 08:49      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manhattan is a town of >1000 people.

Just sayin'

.. am I fueling the fire?

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
cheerdoll
Newbie Larva
Member # 18665

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted July 07, 2008 10:36      Profile for cheerdoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know this for sure, but I'm guess Manhatten has more than one stop light and possibly a movie theater. He was 18 and I pray to god something hits him on the head to knock it out of his ass before he's thrown into the real world thinking the sun and moon revolve around him.

--------------------
*Give peace a chance*

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2008 10:42      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheerdoll:
I don't know this for sure, but I'm guess Manhatten has more than one stop light and possibly a movie theater.

FYI: dnf's snide remark is that you wrote "greater than 1000 people" when you likely meant "fewer than 1000 people."

P.S. It's "Manhattan."
</grumbing-NYer>

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
cheerdoll
Newbie Larva
Member # 18665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2008 20:21      Profile for cheerdoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, oh geez. That's embarrassing. Even in the comfort of my own home I'm blushing. Oopsies. It was a long weekend, and I was very frustrated writing that.

--------------------
*Give peace a chance*

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2008 21:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
</grumbing-NYer>

Is there any other kind? [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2008 08:22      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
</grumbing-NYer>

I have met some happy NYers. Granted the happy ones I met all had moved away from NY and were not planning on ever returning. But they were happy. [Wink]
Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2008 16:57      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
</grumbing-NYer>

I have met some happy NYers. Granted the happy ones I met all had moved away from NY and were not planning on ever returning. But they were happy. [Wink]
Wow, and you're not even from New Jersey [Smile]
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2008 18:12      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must resist Jersey jokes...

</grinning-NYer> [Wink]

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2008 18:14      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
________________________ cheerdoll & geekygoddess __I thought of both of you when I read this from a friend.

Dear Dogs and Cats:
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food.. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a race track. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years --canine or feline attendance is not required.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'niture.
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, they are animals. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they:

1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3. Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and...
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2008 18:59      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] This is so true!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2008 10:56      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12. There's no such thing as "Dog Support".

(edit: personally, I prefer sheep as pets. They satisfy most of the reasons above -- and when they stop putting out, you can eat them!)

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 00:15      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children

That is my favorite line.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 02:46      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________ cheerdoll _ I have lived on this spinning Orb four times longer than you. As you live your life you will find that young men are jerks, girls are jerks. Young adults both sexes are jerks, bosses are jerks, Friends may come and go but you are stuck with your self, at some point your parents will die and then you will know or have to find out WHO YOU ARE. You will find that people that you thought were your friends are not and may turn on you to get an advantage.

____ If you flashed someone, you flashed someone, yeah in High School that is almost the same as doing sex, but is it? Keep your panties on, and don't get on your knees until you are ready to raise a baby.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture