homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » What is your biggest fear??? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What is your biggest fear???
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2008 14:10      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I am bored, just humor me:) My biggest fear is plummeting from the sky in an airplane crash. And my second would have to be losing internet connection for more than 24 hours. Now that would be SCARY!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] Anyone else???

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2008 14:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
asm65816 breeding.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2008 14:49      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geekygoddess: So you probably wouldn't like this then...

-

A glass-floored observation platform, on the 88th floor of Melbourne's tallest building

DNM: no real risk of that.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2008 17:51      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh god, there's a whole fscking list...I'm a goddamed fraidy-cat in wolf's clothing.

/me rolls some dice and flips some coins.

Being trapped.

I am also very afraid of pain. I shit you not. It's true. I am terrified of pain. Fortunately, I have a ridiculously high pain threshold.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2008 19:57      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD- I am cringing just thinking about that. [Eek!] No way!!!

--------------------

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2008 23:21      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm terrified of clowns... and sharks... and birds.

Yeah, I'm a wuss.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2008 03:40      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clowns, and sharks, and birds? Oh MY!!!!

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2008 05:05      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Geekygoddess: So you probably wouldn't like this then...

-

A glass-floored observation platform, on the 88th floor of Melbourne's tallest building

We have one of those in the CN Tower.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2008 07:54      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What is your biggest fear?
Anyone who says to me: "I took your advice."

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2008 09:23      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpazGirl:

Yeah, I'm a wuss.

Hey, I got snakes and spiders. Not a big fan of alligators either.

Wusses of the world unite!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 19, 2008 11:46      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It used to be plummeting in a plane crash... but since moving out to the West Coast, I think it's migrated to wolf spiders.

/me looks over shoulder

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2008 12:12      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:
Originally posted by SpazGirl:

Yeah, I'm a wuss.

Hey, I got snakes and spiders. Not a big fan of alligators either.

Wusses of the world unite!

You wouldn't want to live down here Xan. We have lots of snakes, big banana spiders and plenty of alligators too. Can't say I like them myself but for the most part they'll leave you alone if you stay a reasonable distance from them.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2008 12:34      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
... but since moving out to the West Coast, I think it's migrated to wolf spiders.

Not washed-up feet?

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted June 19, 2008 13:29      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spungo... LMfootO!

edit:
omg, they killed Sasquatch!
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/06/19/bc-foot-no-human.html

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2008 15:36      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People asking me what my biggest fear is. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2008 16:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
... but since moving out to the West Coast, I think it's migrated to wolf spiders.

Not washed-up feet?
Sounds to me like the work of extremists in the Seventh Day Advent Hop-ist Church.

quote:
Arnold Rimmer:
(my parents were) Seventh Day Advent Hop-ists. They believed that every Sunday should be spent hopping. They would hop to church, hop through the service, then hop back home again. I tell you, Sunday lunchtimes were a nightmare - we all had to wear sou'westers and asbestos underpants. You see, they took the Bible literally - Adam and Eve, the snake and the apple, took it word for word. Unfortunately, their version had a misprint. It was all based on 1 Corinthians 13: "Faith, Hop and Charity, and the greatest of these is Hop."

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2008 04:57      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, bless his flared-nostrilness. [Smile]

--------------------

cheerdoll
Newbie Larva
Member # 18665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2008 22:00      Profile for cheerdoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
turtles..yep, i'd definitely have to say turtles are my biggest fear. well, that and deep water--but mostly turtles =s

--------------------
*Give peace a chance*

Posts: 8 | From: Middle of Nowhere, USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2008 05:56      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my biggest fear would be my transplant failing and me having to go back on dialysis.
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 11:07      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unwanted erections, like when I'm outside...
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 13:08      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Allan! [Smile]

I'd say it's good to see you...but that might be a risky comment. [Razz]

Hope life's treating you well, and perhaps the fray has subsided.

Cheers,

dragon

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 13:37      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's great to be a girl!!! That is one less thing I need to worry about! [Big Grin]

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 15:18      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I think I'd take some such small issues (*ba-doosh-boom*) rather than a few different bits of joy I've heard of. [Razz]

I suppose the only solution to that is to say 'Hi, how's your father?' a lot. ;P

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 19:39      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bourbon shortage.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 21:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
Bourbon shortage.

You could try drinking real whiskey.

</patriotic-scot>

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture