homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » There are no accidents. (workplace safety videos)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: There are no accidents. (workplace safety videos)
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2008 17:39      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some commercials from workplace safety site Prevent-It.ca

Warning, the not safe for the sqeemish. [Eek!]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Dave
Geek
Member # 1977

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2008 18:13      Profile for Mr. Dave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah - I'd completely forgotten about the first two.

Reminds me of a story about a British Aircraft eye safety film from the 1970s which was withdrawn because the employees watching it were fainting wholesale and consequently suffering numerous concussions, contusions, lacerations and so forth...

Oh, yeah, before anyone clicks on the YouTube link I'd like to reinforce Snaggy's advice that it's really, seriously not for the faint-of-heart or weak-of-stomach. Also not for young children.

And yes, we really do see these on broadcast television, but not until after 8:00 pm. or so.

--------------------
I'm not normally like this, but then I'm not normally normal.

Posts: 193 | From: Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2008 21:15      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...spooky, and powerful.

BTW, what is the app that makes those dreadful titles by default? Windows something-or-other? It's almost as fugly and prolific as Comic Sans. :/

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2008 09:08      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen anything that made me draw back in fear that much since 2girls1cup!
Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2008 09:40      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those were pretty good videos - it's strange how well people actually respond to shock adverts with all the gory details shown, such as our Think! road safety adverts and my personal favourite regarding over-drinking...

Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
BTW, what is the app that makes those dreadful titles by default? Windows something-or-other? It's almost as fugly and prolific as Comic Sans. :/

Given the ubiquitous titles on all the exceptionally-low-budget student society films round here, I believe it's Windows Movie Maker that's to blame
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture