homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » A Sad Day For McDonald-ites

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Sad Day For McDonald-ites
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted March 27, 2008 06:26      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herb Peterson, who invented the ubiquitous Egg McMuffin as a way to introduce breakfast to McDonald's restaurants, has died, a Southern California McDonald's official said Wednesday. He was 89.

The Egg McMuffin has been a huge part of my culture growing up! The first, FAST breakfast to eat on the road, or while traveling. Herb, you will be missed...

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2008 07:35      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And let us not forget that the advent of the Egg McMuffin also led to an exciting second generation of breakfast sandwiches, such as the Sausage McMuffin with Egg and the Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit.

It sounds corny, but he made all of our lives a little better.

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2008 17:47      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sound of jaw hitting floor.

What kind of life did you have if a Sausage McMuffin improved it. Doing time perhaps?

My life would be improved immeasurably if all McDonald's were vaporised by a kindly alien space ray.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2008 19:18      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
Sound of jaw hitting floor.

What kind of life did you have if a Sausage McMuffin improved it. Doing time perhaps?

My life would be improved immeasurably if all McDonald's were vaporised by a kindly alien space ray.

[Eek!]

Gives you a brief insight as to why we vote the way we do over here, Calli. We've been pumpin' McPoo this and McPoo that into our brains since childhood. [Roll Eyes]

gg [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2008 21:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cally: [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sorry folks, I just don't dig Mickey D's or Burger King...I try to avoid fast food at all costs.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 28, 2008 03:40      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! I do understand people's aversion to fast food!!

But, raising kids and taking them to so many activities over the years..yeah, fast food is essential. I have consumed every variety of "fast food grilled chicken sandwiches" that you can imagine! LOL

However, I must say, the EGG MCMUFFIN is such a simple and uncomplicated food! Canadian Bacon...LOW FAT! An egg and an "English" muffin! BRILLIANT! Very high protein, and low fat if you get it without cheese! To tell the truth, it's not a bad breakfast! HA!

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
MzSunn
Mini Geek
Member # 5144

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 28, 2008 12:02      Profile for MzSunn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 very active children and we pack our meals and snacks to go. I have done this since their birth. I like to have the illusion of control over how healthy we eat.
Posts: 54 | From: Atlanta GA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture