homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Energy Drinks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Energy Drinks
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2008 21:49      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my first can of BRAWNDO: The Thirst Mutilator (it's got electrolytes) [http://www.brawndo.com/] today from a buddy of mine. It comes from these guys who make Cocaine (http://www.drinkcocaine.com) Energy Drink.
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2008 20:22      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it work?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nuclear Doughnut
Geek Larva
Member # 16341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2008 15:34      Profile for Nuclear Doughnut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll stick with 2 can's of Mountian Dew...

or Jolt if I can afford it.

Posts: 21 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2008 09:49      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of the Cocain Energy drink but not the other one. They don't sell either in this state.

Maybe someday I'll try them. I'm hooked on the Coffee energy drinks, RockStar and Coffee Monsters (Monster Energy drink, The "Java" flavor) We just like to call them Coffee Monsters.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2008 12:48      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved that movie. The whole "its got electrolytes" schtick sums up a large sub-group of people I work with.

I might buy some just to have the can on my shelf.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2008 13:25      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YaYawoman:
I loved that movie. The whole "its got electrolytes" schtick sums up a large sub-group of people I work with.

I might buy some just to have the can on my shelf.

LOL...a friend of mine pointed me at that movie...utterly terrifying.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2008 17:02      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally drank it. DISGUSTING!

It tasted like carbonated, melted, gummy worms and it had this glowing green color to it.

I ended up dumping it out, rinsing it, leting it dry then filling it with hardening foam to preserve the can.

somenewdude
Maximum Newbie
Member # 18303

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2008 13:58      Profile for somenewdude         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Energy drinks aren't supposed to taste good. Red Bull is OK but if you drink more than two cans, you'll slowly feel a crazy buzz that won't go away. Monster tastes way too acidic especially the Citrus ones. But it's not a good idea to get wired on those.
Posts: 19 | From: nowhere | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture