homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Fun with passwords

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fun with passwords
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2007 06:40      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Ive so far locked myself out at work with 2 accounts, and locked myself out of my personal laptop...

At work, started back at Cisco [Smile] Wednesday. Some of my accounts still work, half are deactivated, and the rest got deleted. Got all that fixed. Took me 4 hrs on the phone with IT [Frown]

I get home yesterday night, and before I go to bed, shut down my computer. Now the other night, I reset my password on it, as I normally try to at the end of a semester of school. (ya you can yell at me and say its every 90 days) Well it seems I didnt put it in right, and now Im locked out of it [Frown]

Good thing is, Most of it is backed up. I did a good backup last week, and nothing major has been done since then. It also seems, when I quickly tried this morning, that I can get into most of my files though my dual boot linux setup also on said laptop. So it looks like not all is lost [Smile]

*prays nothing else blows up today*

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture