homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Addicted? I know I am! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Addicted? I know I am!
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 01:52      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tattoos? Cool piercings? Other types of body modification? Pictures are welcomed. [Smile]

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Posts: 66 | From: Central Washington | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 01:59      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be the sort of person who thought they'd never get any kind of tattoos or piercings, ever. I was just really put off the whole idea of them. But in the last few months I've changed tack and now really, really, really want a tattoo (just one to start with) and a marilyn (cheek piercing).

The tattoo would be of a hummingbird, as drawn by a really great artist, Linn Olofsdotter, on my right shoulder blade. Here's hoping my boyfriend buys me an inking session for Christmas [Wink]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 05:51      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reasons why not:

(A) You pay money
(B) it hurts

...and then if you decide one day that it wasn't a good idea and you want it removed...

(A) You pay money
(B) it hurts.

...and as Ozzie Osbourne told Jack once: "You wanna be original? Don't have a tattoo." ...also they look stupid on wussy people like me. [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 07:21      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:
...and a marilyn (cheek piercing)...

Good god, that sounds painful! [Eek!]

And before anyone else gets there, [insert blow job jokes here]

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 09:09      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never heard a cheek piercing called a Marilyn before. Personally, I'd go for microdermals instead because I know I'd bite on the bar.

I've got a daith piercing in my right ear. The piercing and the picture are about six months old. It is finally about healed up, I haven't seen any lymph in a couple of weeks. So if I got straight A's this quarter I'm going to reward myself by getting my other ear done. [Big Grin]

-  -

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 10:03      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:

The tattoo would be of a hummingbird, as drawn by a really great artist, Linn Olofsdotter, on my right shoulder blade. Here's hoping my boyfriend buys me an inking session for Christmas [Wink]

Get the tattoo, just not there. 20 years from now we'll be at some work function and you'll be wearing that sexy little strapless dress and you'll be all self conscious about it.

Does anyone have bolt cutters? My Prince Albert seems a tad infected....

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 10:15      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Vic _____________________ Don't you know that you are supposed to keep him in the can next to the cans of Bugle. Behind the rolling papers.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 10:18      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

Does anyone have bolt cutters? My Prince Albert seems a tad infected....

I realize this was a joke, but for the benefit of people who don't know better, if a piercing becomes infected leave it in! With the jewelry in you have a place for it to drain. Taking it out could trap the infection and make it worse. Obviously see a doctor about getting some antibiotics and after the infection is dealt with you might want to take the piercing is out, but wait until then.

And I think the shoulder blade is a lovely place for a hummingbird tattoo. [Smile]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 10:31      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -
 -

Flipping through a bunch of old pictures reminded me of how photogenic I can be, and how freaking giant my boobs look in pictures.

I have three other tattoos, but I have to do more in-depth searching for photos of them.

I really like your piercing, TMBWITW,PB [Smile]

--------------------
Fresh Meat

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 11:36      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by erynthenerd:
Flipping through a bunch of old pictures reminded me of how ... freaking giant my boobs look in pictures.

Scientific evidence required.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 11:38      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second that. (Verification via PM is also acceptable). [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 12:08      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
I second that. (Verification via PM is also acceptable). [Wink]

I agree but not secrets on this forum - we all need to see the evidence.

Skylar: But I would go with what some people have said here. Which is, don't get a tatoo on your shoulder. Get it somewhere more private. I know your friends wont mind the tatoo on the shoulder or anything but there are a lot of people who will judge you because of it. This is probably not the best time to be a rebel.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 12:38      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh*

... and here I thought I was going to get some work done this afternoon.

*goes back to looking*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 12:48      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Flipping through a bunch of old pictures reminded me of how photogenic I can be, and how freaking giant my boobs look in pictures.

I had the same problem, then I ordered the 'William Shatner Man Girdle'™

Now, I'm a carpenter's dream; flat as a board and easily nailed.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 12:54      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
I realize this was a joke,

I wish it was.....

quote:
but for the benefit of people who don't know better, if a piercing becomes infected leave it in! With the jewelry in you have a place for it to drain.

I drain mine often.

quote:
Taking it out could trap the infection and make it worse. Obviously see a doctor about getting some antibiotics

Sadly, I've built up an immunity since that nasty bout with that Haitian transsexual

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 16:14      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatcha looking at?

--------------------
Fresh Meat

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 22:28      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't you like to know [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 22:47      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, duh. That's why I asked, silly.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 22:48      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't find old pictures, so I took new ones with my phone.

-
Yes, I have stretch marks. No, I don't have any kids, I'm just a fat girl. [Smile]

-
Man, Tink needs a face-lift. I'll have her touched up when I add to her after tax time.

-
Dude that did this one is on my shit-list. The idea was to have one tattooed on each side of each foot, but he didn't want to bother setting up the table and I was contorted quite unnaturally in the chair. This added quite a bit of discomfort to the awesome amount of pain I was in. I said I would come back later for the other ones, and when it got infected, scabbed terribly, and lost a crapload of ink, I opted to go somewhere else. When I asked him to return my flash, he said he didn't have it anymore. I was/am pissed.

To see Tinkerbell in perspective, click here, and the butterfly is here . Be warned that these pictures are neither safe for work nor for people who think that fat girls should never be seen naked. [Smile]

--------------------
Fresh Meat

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 13, 2007 08:48      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no new threads under the sun.

Here is an earlier thread on the same subject.

I added a Varga girl since then which can be seen here.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 13, 2007 13:52      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PhotoBucket didn't like your pics Eryn...

they are removed as violating the terms... (nudity I guess)

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 13, 2007 19:14      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha. Really? That's funny. It's just a little bit of side-boob and ass-crack.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2007 19:29      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
.....ass-crack.

Did someone say ass crack?
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2007 00:56      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that? 'Ass crack'? No, sorry to get your hopes up, Cap... I said photobucket deleted my pictures because I'm a fat sack. Hope I didn't inconvenience you too much.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

geekgoddess
Mini Geek
Member # 12312

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2008 20:08      Profile for geekgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a few years now, but I've wussed out every time I've gotten close. I was raised in a household where 'nice girls' didn't have piercings (besides ears) or tattoos, so naturally I've been hesitant to get either because of the stigma. My other deterrent for getting one is that I graduate with my bachelors in a year ( my degree is in General Studies & Psychology) I plan on getting my masters in Psychology and becoming a clinical therapist, so if I were to get one I would want it to be a) classy and b) something that could easily be covered for work/formal events.

This is what I want to get, I guess you guys will have to tune in to see if I ever can talk myself into it. [Razz]

-

Posts: 79 | From: The Abyss | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture