homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Business Attire's Christmas Card Clearing House

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Business Attire's Christmas Card Clearing House
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2007 19:36      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since business attire isn't running amok on the forums and the topic came up elsewhere, I thought I'd go ahead and start a topic for this.

Everyone who participated in the random card exchanges last year seemed to enjoy it, so if you want to send out cards, post here to let others know that they can PM you to exchange addresses.

That said, if anyone is brave enough to receive a card from me, PM me your address and I will be happy to exchange cards with you. I won't be doing personalized photoshopped cards this year, unfortunately, because I'm in the middle of moving to a new house but I'm pretty sure I can find something suitably disturbing that's pre-made. [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2007 19:44      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is BUSINESS ATTIRE'S Christmas Card Clearing House.

I'm going to have to ask you to cease and desist.

Also, if I sent you a card last year you are still on my card list. Thought I'd let you know.

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2007 19:53      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear and obey!

I will be sending a card, too, of course, and there's only a small chance it'll have the photos from my open heart surgery on it (red is a traditional Christmas color) [evil]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2007 20:35      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll gladly take a card from anyone who would like to send one. I've still got addresses from last year for Mel, Black Widow, Xanthine, Ugh, MightyClub, Stereo, supergoo, toobe, and business attire.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2007 21:18      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got too swamped last year, but I'll jump in this time. I have Peebs' address... anyone else that would like a card, PM me with your address. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Studies show reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2007 22:59      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in this year too. PM me for address swaps.
If you're lucky I'll include some awesome Dubai sunset pics to go with your highly irreverent Aussie humour card.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 04:58      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im in. I know I have a few addresses, but please double check just to make sure.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 19:19      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well here's the thing. I found the Word doc I used to print my envelopes, which gives me real names, and I have a bunch of saved PMs, which should let me associate the addresses with nicknames, but... I'm not sure I have all the PMs I started with. I'm so confused.

So lets say this: I have Dec. 2006 addresses for Xanthine, Mel, Luke Skywalker, Black Widow, Stereo, Astronomer Jedi, Peebs, nerdwithnofriends, and Biz.

If you aren't on that list, or you've since moved, hit me with a PM and I'll mail out some holiday cheer. And if you'd prefer a non-Christmas-y card let me know what kind you DO want.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2007 07:02      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely want a card from Biz, especially if it has more pics in it. [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2007 09:16      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Moving, I have, so if you have an address for me, its probably the old one. PM me for the new one (or if you sent me a card that I can find still, Ill PM you with corrections.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 05, 2007 09:43      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I'm in this year for some christmas cheer. If you want a card from switzerland, PM me and we can trade adresses. (sorry but limited to first 10 PM's stamps are expensive here.)

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 06, 2007 02:43      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if anyone wants UK Christmas cards, PM me [Smile]
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 06, 2007 09:08      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
And if anyone wants UK Christmas cards, PM me [Smile]

You may get more responses if you post a couple of pictures of yourself in a little black dress, Stibbons.

Then again, you might not...

Just tryin' to help.  -

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 06, 2007 20:32      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. Right. I've moved as well. Wait until you get a card with a proper return address [Smile]
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 06, 2007 21:34      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops. I've sent yours already, ba. I hope you got your mail forwarded otherwise someone is going to get a surprise. [Eek!]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2007 01:09      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
You may get more responses if you post a couple of pictures of yourself in a little black dress, Stibbons.

Then again, you might not...

Just tryin' to help.  -

gg

You mean something like this?
 -

I'll spare you the rear end shot though... [Wink]
(And yes, that's a deliberate gurn - I don't normally have that bad a squint [Smile] )

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2007 10:59      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be PMing you my address pronto!

Dang but young people today are all so similar and H*o*t!

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2007 11:09      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be in this year too - I just have plenty to do till Saturday (social dance Christmas party). But I should be able to write a few cards in-between the three sewing projects I have for gifts... Address updates and additions: PM me. (And Luke, I may have your real name from the card I got from you last year, but just in case, you may want to give it with your new address to avoid some more strange looks from the postman! [Wink] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2007 15:23      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
And if anyone wants UK Christmas cards, PM me

What's a UK Christmas card? A regular Christmas card with bad teeth?

*rim shot*

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2007 12:47      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in. I don't really have a permanent address at the moment, so if I'll just use my folks'. For all of you that I sent cards to last year, it's the same thing.

PM me if you want a card!

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture