homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I bought something expensive...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I bought something expensive...
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 19:44      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not really. But it depends on your definition of expensive.

http://masterreplicas.com//store/muppets/muppets/8611/

The Master Replica Kermit Photo Puppet. As a life long Muppet fan, I had to at least get Kermit. Although it's disappointing that this one does not double as a hand puppet as well. Ahh well, can't have everything [Smile] .

The other thing I plan on getting eventually, once it goes on sale, is the R2D2 remote controlled webcam/camcorder. A tad bit more expensive than Kermit, but not by much. This would pay for itself eventually. Whenever I am away, and my parents are trying too explain a computer problem they are having....all they have to do is point R2 at the screen and I can see the problem instantly [Smile] .

Or, I could bring it into the office, and whenever someone is to busy to find a co-worker, or on a conference call and can't leave, I can just send R2 out looking for him [Smile] .

--------------------
The Un-Official WPLJTV channel..

http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Posts: 54 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 2 posted December 01, 2007 20:32      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$200 for a some fleece, cotton and aluminum wire? Dude, what in the world were you smoking? I'm all about saying no too drugs, but I'd love too try that stuff, it's way to good too pass up.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 20:38      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
$200 for a some fleece, cotton and aluminum wire? Dude, what in the world were you smoking? I'm all about saying no too drugs, but I'd love too try that stuff, it's way to good to pass up.

You know, I hate toooooooooooooooooo start bashing someone on my first week or so of posting, but the Spelling Police jokes are really starting tooooooo tick me off. Lay off it, will ya? Go after a guy who types in all caps or something..

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 21:36      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shredder565 wrote:
You know, I hate toooooooooooooooooo start bashing someone on my first week or so of posting, but the Spelling Police jokes are really starting tooooooo tick me off. Lay off it, will ya? Go after a guy who types in all caps or something..

Fair warning:
A large number of the people posting on the GC forums are, in fact, part time grammar police. Flaming someone because they pointed out your continual errors will only make you the target of the day. Nobody will stop pointing out your errors and, most likely, more of us will make a point of doing it.

You aren't the first person to experience this and, trust me on this, the members of the GC forum aren't going to change and suddenly embrace bad grammar to make you happy any more than we did to make the previous posters happy. Everyone who goes through it either starts writing properly or leaves (which is why you don't see a lot of horribly written posts here).

That said, do what you want. You have an idea what the results will be and can now make an informed choice.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2007 06:32      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm one of those members steen is talking about. Trust me, if you make a point of arguing someone's post pointing out your grammar/spelling it will just get worse.

If you are really bad at spelling (which it doesn’t look like you are) then just use word or something else to check for mistakes. Otherwise either acknowledge you made a mistake or ignore it but don't rebuttal it because it will just start a fight.

Besides that you seam to have been making interesting posts and should stay.

As for the Kermit, I don't think I would ever spend 200 bucks on something like that. But I know people with storage sheds full of movies and shelves lined full with action figures. So maybe you are just a huge fan.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2007 07:14      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm,

Knowing that, it doesn't make me feel so bad...but does Firefox have a Grammar checker as well as a spell checker? I installed the spell checker first thing, even before it became a standard part of FF. Think it used to be called Spell Bound.

As for shelves of stuff, nope. I'm not as bad as the guy who runs 'Rancho Obi-Wan'. Not even close. I have maybe one shelf of He-Man and TMNT figures, and the rest are devoted to DVD and video games and books.

But a huge Muppet fan, so I at least had to have Kermit [Smile] .

--------------------

Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2007 14:43      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
Yeah, I'm one of those members steen is talking about.

Besides that you seam to have been....

Yes steven it does seam sew two me as well. [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2007 19:42      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now be nice [Razz]

Steven's posts have become far, far better than they were and we all make the occasional spelling or grammar error.

... and since I'm posting anyway, I'd just like to say that even though our opinions are opposing a fair amount of the time, I'm glad you're around Steven. After you cleaned up the grammar and spelling, you really have become a worthwhile contributor to the forums.

*goes back to being grumpy now* [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture