homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » So...we got asked to leave Barnes and Noble...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So...we got asked to leave Barnes and Noble...
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 20, 2007 10:31      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, my dear friend Nate and I were at good ol' B&N today, perusing mostly, but I had a few good Psychology methodology books I was after as well. Anywho, Nate discovered a copy of the Kama Sutra, being a male, his testeronal instinct put together the fact that he was with me (a 5th level yogi), and had a book of difficult to contort into sex positions. He began by opening the book, flipping through, and then inquiring, "Think you can do that one?", "That one...?"..."What about this one?" All questions which I answered politely while attempting to hunt down the book I needed. Apparently, we were "offending" a particular elderly woman shopper, who said nothing to us, but left to find management in a huff. The manager came up to us, giggled a little, and asked if we wouldn't mind leaving. Then, dropped his voice and said we could come back in an hour, he just didn't want the woman to keep making a fuss.

Too funny! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 10:41      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The manager should have just informed you that you were offending someone ask asked you to stop. I would have stopped. The fact that he asked you to leave for being interested in something they sell crosses a line for me.

I would have been temped to ask the lady if she wanted to join in, but I would have chickened out. I would have however asked the manager the consequences of not leaving. If Barnes and Noble doesn't think Sexual Education books are appropriate for adults, they should sell them. It is not as if you had brought a playboy from home and were it showing young children.

I would have definatly french kissed my wife in front of the woman though.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 11:14      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nate did feel the need to add insult to injury with his "audible ass grab" as we passed the woman...that's right AUDIBLE, that was a smack if ever there was...

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 11:47      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to suggest to ask the lady if she could do that one? - but the ass smack is just as awesome.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 12:36      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm assuming it wasn't the elderly woman's ass he grabbed?
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 13:04      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no...that would be mine...although, that would have been priceless, and a bit more than us "being asked to leave" would have happened, I am sure!

--------------------

Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 16:25      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe the old lady was just offended by your friend's obvious lack of experience? [Wink]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 17:05      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps, but it would seem she was more offended at my wide range of flexibility...

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 20:48      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Christy:
Perhaps, but it would seem she was more offended at my wide range of flexibility...

<WWCVD>
Pictures!
</WWCVD>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 20:55      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Christy:

<WWCVD>
Pictures!
</WWCVD>

What he said! [Wink] [Big Grin] [evil]

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2007 07:04      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh, you guys! [blush] [Wink]

--------------------

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2007 10:14      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh come on, come on, this is a golden opportunity...

Scientific evidence please! [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2007 11:54      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definetly need pictures

I could rant about doing any of those positions and you wouldn't know if I could or not without PICTURES!! (actually I can't even touch my toes)

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 21, 2007 16:32      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barnes and Ignoble should refrain from restricting discussions of classical literature, methinks.

Oh, and pics, please! [hearts]

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2007 05:17      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people think that just because they can no longer do something the rest of the world shouldn't be able to either. Bleh.

She probably went home and fantasized about "the good old stretchy days," and later someone had to come help her out of one of those positions...

She's got the book on her shelf... you know she does. [Razz]

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture