homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Discombobulated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Discombobulated
rahulmat
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4695

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted November 02, 2007 17:37      Profile for rahulmat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok here's the situation so far.....a friend of mine discovered tht she like this guy who definitely hates me.....but she really wants to go out with him.....i said ok y dont u date him n i shall kinda disappear...to which she objected sayin she still wants me around.....somethin tells me that this should belong in the love section but its part of my stupid life so i tot i'd put it here....ne advice guys kinda need some options here....HELP!!!!
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2007 22:19      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<obligatory_newbie-advice>

Take the time to spell out your words. Use proper grammar. Don't use run-on sentences.

</obligatory_newbie-advice>

That being said, it sounds like your friend will do what she wants. The ball is entirely in her court, so the only thing you can do is make yourself available, if you feel so inclined.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

rahulmat
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4695

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2007 03:43      Profile for rahulmat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks....sorry about the spellings and the grammar, just got so used to it after years of chatting that when i see a keyboard all i can think of is a typing short forms to a word.

i know she's going to do what she wants eventually but i would rather them start of the relationship without me being a problem. plus the guy that she wants to date used to be a good friend of mine, dont know what happened there, but because we aint friends anymore i thought it would be better if i walk away. any thoughts????

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2007 06:01      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say that she shouldn't have to have you disappear as a friend in order to date the guy.

If the guy really dislikes you but also likes the girl as much as she does him, then maybe you and the guy should talk. Because I'm assuming that you are good friends with this girl and if she dates the guy you two will be in situations where you are around him. So my advice is talk to guy and see if you can be on neutral terms with each other.

And if he is an "ass" about it then maybe he isn't the best choice for the girl.

But you shouldn't "disappear" - a relationship is counted in years - a friendship is counted in decades!!!

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
rahulmat
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4695

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2007 06:12      Profile for rahulmat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok thats actually a point there...i shouldnt have to disappear....man i dont know why i over complicate things.......thanks guys....really appreciate it....lets see what he has to say
Fido Dido
Newbie Larva
Member # 12188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2007 09:25      Profile for Fido Dido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you caught in the friend trap?

do you want to take your friend relationship to the next level with this girl?

--------------------
* Fido is for Fido.
* Fido is against no one.
* Fido is youth.
* Fido has no age.
* Fido sees everything.
* Fido judges nothing.
* Fido is innocent.
* Fido is powerful.
* Fido comes from the past.
* Fido is the future.

rahulmat
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4695

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2007 20:15      Profile for rahulmat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no i dont want to take my friendship to the next level...she's not my type
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2007 18:23      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fido....

just a word in the shell like...

if your sig is longer than the length of your average post (in lines count) you should really reconsider the sig... thanks!

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture