homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Music as a dictator of your moods ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Music as a dictator of your moods ???
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 31, 2007 18:53      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so tonight MacManKrisK gave me a cd of about 500MB of music to me. He remembered that i had said that i have very little or no happy or uplifting music in my truck.

So life has been ruff and depressing recently. When i put it in and the first track started to play (The Cd Laser Lens Cleaner) I instantly had a smile on my face.

This got me thinking about how music really affects your outlook and how you really feel about everything.

So thanks MMKK!!!!

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code.

If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.

Posts: 79 | From: Ypsilanti | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2007 19:30      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uhm... you're welcome. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2007 01:28      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Care to post a track list - I could do with some uplifting songs... [Smile]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2007 08:47      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edit: removed due to stupidity....

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 01, 2007 09:45      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post a tracklist, with links via our iTunes store link, and let's make this a weekly feature. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2007 10:48      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sprocket: So true, music if listened to correctly can set your mood very easily.

good idea Snaggy.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2007 18:42      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm ... 500MB worth of music... I will might leave this for MacManKrisK to do or help me with.

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code.

If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.

Posts: 79 | From: Ypsilanti | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 11 posted November 01, 2007 20:59      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how about some artists...

heres a quick list of some of the songs i have on my IPOD and my ZUNE

Keller Williams.

People watchen

Derick Trucks

Blind Cripple and Crazy

Smash Mouth

I am a believer

Marc Broussard

Home

Drake Bell
I know
Makes me happy

YES

Lighting strikes

One hit wonders

Rocco Deluca and the Burden
colorful

Joe Satriani

surfing with an alien

Always with me, always with you

Jamie Cullum

get your way

I am working on then and now, for example

The orginal

The remake

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 3 posted November 01, 2007 21:09      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
then and now

Keller Williams
Ramble on

Led

--------------------

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 14 posted November 01, 2007 21:22      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap forgot one of my very fav artist of all time

Learning to fly

--------------------

hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 12 posted November 01, 2007 21:44      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is for Snaggy

Rapture riders..... this is just cool

now i am on a roll

Fame

faith fame

--------------------

hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 11 posted November 02, 2007 08:29      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess i overloaded this post....
dooh

--------------------

Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2007 09:27      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The CD laser lens cleaner? Is that a song, or is it exactly what it sounds like? [Smile]
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2007 09:51      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ripped many years ago (into MP3) the first track of a CD Lens Cleaner. You know, the mellow music and the guy that says: "You are about to use one of the most advanced CD Laser Lens cleaning systems available. In just a matter of seconds, this disc will safely, and throughly clean the delicate laser lens of your compact disc player. During the brief 20 second cleaning cycle every bit of dirt and dust, right down to the smallest particles of airborne pollutants, will be swept away from the laser lens of your CD player. After this cleaning, your CD player will be more precise when reading the digital data recorded on your compact disc, providing you with outstanding reproduction, as well as added clarity and detail. When you hear the tone, skip ahead to track 4 to begin the cleaning cycle."

Why did I do that? I can't explain except to say it had to do with a plant...

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2007 11:25      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this one.

Tom Waits is on a regular rotation on my media players. So I am gonna run a few favorites of mine.

How about a little Chocolate Jesus?

Or God's Away on Business.

Thirsty for more? How about some Cold Water?

Maybe Tom Traubert's Blues.

One of my many favorites. Downtown Train.

And of course this one.

And let's end it with the original version of an Eagles hit. Ol' 55 The video sucks but what can you do?

My real and honest favorites (San Diego Serenade or Jersey Girl) aren't up on youtube, so I improvised.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
LoneWolf
Mini Geek
Member # 4966

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted November 02, 2007 12:32      Profile for LoneWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pink Floyd "The Wall" = deep blue funk
Posts: 61 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2007 13:20      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy: I'd post the playlist I gave to Sprocket, but about half of it is owned by Apple Records, Inc.

Sosumi!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

Veronica
Maximum Newbie
Member # 12054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2007 12:03      Profile for Veronica         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i could defiantly use some uplifting songs..music does reflect your mood i feel.

--------------------
Makeup is my Art<3
m&j

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture