homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Annual McDonalds Monopoly game statistical analysis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Annual McDonalds Monopoly game statistical analysis
Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2007 00:42      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another year, another way to waste a perfectly good work day.

I've sat down and crunched the numbers to determine relative incentive for playing the McDonalds Monopoly game. You can find the results here:

http://badpirate.googlepages.com/mcdonaldsgame2006revealed2

Now back to lurking.

Kevin

--------------------
Check out my webpage/blog/review stash
www.logichigh.com

Posts: 377 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2007 01:40      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when they had every peice, even the losing peices worth 1 dollar at best buy. Since it cost 32 cents (or 34 I forget) to mail in for a free peice,plus 32 cents for the return, and I was already planning on buying the lord of the rings collectors edition on the first day it was released, I mailed away for enough peices and only paid 64/100ths of the actual price for my LOTR collectors edition, and picked up a few free meals in the process.

You should have seen the look on the cashiers face when I presented all those McD's peices instead of cash.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2007 13:16      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
I remember when they had every peice, even the losing peices worth 1 dollar at best buy. Since it cost 32 cents (or 34 I forget) to mail in for a free peice,plus 32 cents for the return, and I was already planning on buying the lord of the rings collectors edition on the first day it was released, I mailed away for enough peices and only paid 64/100ths of the actual price for my LOTR collectors edition, and picked up a few free meals in the process.

You should have seen the look on the cashiers face when I presented all those McD's peices instead of cash.

Yeah, not exactly worthwhile this year. Cash incentive for the bonus peices = .72... almost like they wanted it to be less then the 2 postage stamps worth. Additionally Toys R' Us not anywhere near as useful as Best Buy. The 20% off at Foot Locker can be valuable if you were planning on buying a new pair of shoes there anyhow.. but you can generally find the same stuff online for %20 off without the coupon just by looking hard enough.

Kevin

--------------------
Check out my webpage/blog/review stash
www.logichigh.com

Posts: 377 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture