homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Today I got my laptop, and am still a sad panda :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Today I got my laptop, and am still a sad panda :(
Azalie
Geek Larva
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted September 23, 2007 00:29      Profile for Azalie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soo.. I bought a laptop august 24th.. I emailed the guy many times.. he said he'd send it multiple times, but i guess he didnt get around to it.

So he got it in the mail yesterday morning.. (well.. friday morning) and my dad went to pick it up (saturday morning)

I couldnt effing believe it o_O it got here in 1 day!?!?! it went from florida to michigan!! To just DRIVE that far takes 3 days!!

So cory (my bro) comes runing into my bedrooom waking me up at 10 in the BUTTCRACK of the MORNING screaming "Z-O-M-G LAPPY IS HERE"

and im like "sleep or lappy.. lappy or sleep >_< what shall it be?"

So I got up and opened it..

The box was damaged..

Lappy looked fine though.

Powered it up. The screen was dark. The backlight was broken.. Been playing email tag with the guy i bought it from.. He wants me to call him to figure out whats wrong.. Ugh long distance.. This piece of crap is creating SOOooooooo much stress >___< im about ready to say SKREW It and buy a laptop for 500$ thats better than 4 of my computers!! >_<

So yes.. lappy is broke, I am sad.. and frustrated.. and wondering WHY THE HECK out of all the laptops this guy sends out, i get a broken one >_<

He only has 2 negative feedback.. My dad says when i get everything figured out, i should give negative feedback.. He seems like such a nice person >_< I dont think i could do that.. I'd do neutral at the very least...

--------------------
~Azalie

Posts: 21 | From: MI | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2007 07:44      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I know how you feel man. Couple years ago I bought an old crappy laptop for about 40 bucks just to play around with. Do stuff like install linux and other little things I didn't want to do with my main computer incase I lost all my school work. I think I installed the OS like 20 times before I finally got it to like it - by that time I was sick of the laptop and now it serves as a 10kg paper weight.

How much did you pay for it? If it is more then a hundred bucks I would just send it back to the sender and ask for your money back.

At least you learned a lesson and will be more careful in the future - if there is one.

Oh and really consider your next laptop purchase. I wouldn't buy used - and I wouldn't buy the newest model either - instead I would find the laptop which has been released a year or so ago which has endless amount of good feedback - these one's even if they aren't as powerful as the top of the line at first will in the long run perform much better.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2007 19:34      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bummer. I know the feeling, ... the ultimate letdown and tons of frustration.

Buying local may be more expensive in the short term, but definitely has its benefits. [ohwell]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture