homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Man builds guillotine, then loses his head

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Man builds guillotine, then loses his head
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 14, 2007 19:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14099445/detail.html

If he didn't leave a note, how do they know it was suicide? [Razz]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 20:14      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a guillotine kills a man in the woods.... I guess no one heard.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 22:17      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no, what I've been fearing for years now has started.
The trees are taking their revenge.

<sings>
If you go down to the woods today you're in for a big surprise...
</sings>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted September 14, 2007 22:36      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] The Ents are going to war! [Eek!]
 -

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 04:27      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I think its really shitty to make jokes about someone ending their own life. I thought you were better people than that.
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 06:16      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ba: It's sad that he toke his own life but taking into consideration how much effort he put into it he really just wanted it to end. It's one thing when the person after one bad night pulls out the gun and shoots themselves it's another when they take there time and consider what they are doing.

I personally like the being taken out behind the chemical sheds and shot with the viking funeral to follow as my way to go. But this way isn't that bad either.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 09:14      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
Ba: It's sad that he toke his own life but taking into consideration how much effort he put into it he really just wanted it to end. It's one thing when the person after one bad night pulls out the gun and shoots themselves it's another when they take there time and consider what they are doing.

I personally like the being taken out behind the chemical sheds and shot with the viking funeral to follow as my way to go. But this way isn't that bad either.

Like my best friend of 7 years did? Don't you or anyone DARE fucking tell me about suicide. It's no laughing matter, EVER, no matter how much effort or how ridiculous the means seem.
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 09:16      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
Personally, I think its really shitty to make jokes about someone ending their own life. I thought you were better people than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_comedy

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 09:54      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon everyone... this is a very sensitive subject for BA. Lay off.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 13:27      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's one thing when the person after one bad night pulls out the gun and shoots themselves it's another when they take there time and consider what they are doing.

The only difference between the two is the degree of planning. People do not fall off the edge and shoot themselves over one bad night unless they've already taken it into their heads that suicide might just be a good idea and whatever happened that night made them adjust their timing a bit. In the case of the guy and his guillotine, he made a much more elaborate plan, yes, but the only difference between him and a guy with a gun is the elaborateness of that plan and the chances of "success" (every now and then, someone survives a bullet to the head, but noone survives a beheading). It's sad that no one noticed that something was up and tried to put a stop to it, but suicidal people can be extremely secretive, and the signs can be easy to miss...especially if the person is being secretive, and you don't know what to look for.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 14:29      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
quote:

Like my best friend of 7 years did? Don't you or anyone DARE fucking tell me about suicide. It's no laughing matter, EVER, no matter how much effort or how ridiculous the means seem.
Who said I was laughing?? I know suicidal people I'm happy that Iíve never had to attend a funeral of someone who committed suicide - yet. It's a sad thing but if you knew this matter was sensitive to you then you shouldn't have read it after reading the title.

Xanthine: A lot of us live on the edge of live - a lot of us have considered suicide - a lot of us know they don't want to do it - but when something really bad happens all of a sudden and a few drinks later who knows what they might do to themselves.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture