homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I received an interesting phone call today.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I received an interesting phone call today.
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2007 17:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All ________________________ I received an interesting phone call today. Some kind sounding male voice said that he was from the Credit Card Company. (At this time I stifled my thoughts of telling him I was on the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY). He went on to explain that at present there was no trouble with any of my Cards but would I like to have him look into getting my rates reduced, if I would just provide him the numbers. (CLICK)

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2007 18:12      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I know some people who talk to these people, some who actually give the info, and some who let them finish and say they are not interested. I can't be bothered - don't have the time to listen to these people so once I know it is a telemarketer or something I just hang up. Simple as that.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2007 21:12      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the last month, I must have won about a billion dollars/pounds/euros in lotteries I haven't entered.

It's amazing how many of those lotteries have given away so much free money that they can only afford yahoo.com email addresses.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2007 10:46      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've won a few of those too. And my PayPal account keeps needing verification. And a body part I don't have seens to need enlarging as well. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
LoneWolf
Mini Geek
Member # 4966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2007 12:41      Profile for LoneWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give them this number:

(Spell it out)

Posts: 61 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2007 17:26      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww man. I thought I was special winning all these lotteries I didn't enter. Like it was my super power.
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2007 19:46      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, I also need to verify my non-existent Paypall Account.
Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted September 14, 2007 06:15      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Non-existent Paypal account? What about my 3rd Fifth bank (or something like that) account when they don't have a point of service in the whole province? (As fas as I know, anyway...)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 07:13      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xanthine _____________________ I keep forgeting do I have the goesinta or the goesinto?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 07:22      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Give them this number:

(Spell it out)

Ok I spelled it out. Is there some secret message I am missing because I certainly don't see one.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 11 posted September 14, 2007 11:23      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so want to do this

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 15:11      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either I am stupid or like CrawGator I really can't get it...

I tried spelling it.. looking for "leet" references etc. Or are you just spiting someone [Big Grin]

Or is it some gag I just don't get...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 17:18      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also do not get it.

Unless what you mean is that spelling it out will be soooooo long that it will annoy the telemarketers?

Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 17:20      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hal9000:
I so want to do this

Oh man, I haven't heard that in a long time. I wish I was that quick on the draw!

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture