homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Garlic Head bragging rights

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Garlic Head bragging rights
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2007 20:25      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband posted this on the forum he frequents. I thought y'all would like to see it.

quote:
My wife and I had a great dinner last night. She had picked up some sweet corn from a roadside stand and it turned out quite good. Corn on the cob was delicious! She also had bought some pork spareribs which I cooked on our charcoal grill. Rhonwyyn made a great suggestion about marinating the spareribs. We have some barbecue sauce called "Garlic Head" that's made by some guy she knows from another forum. It's good, but very thick. I wanted to thin it out to make a marinade. Rhonwyyn suggested I use red wine. Wow! That pork turned out phenomenal: tender, spicy, and tangy.

The great thing is that after dinner Jonathan said we're gonna have to order more soon. We really like the spicy sauce, but we've used up both of those jars. We have two jars of original flavor left, so once we've finished those, we'll place an order.

I'm so psyched that Jonathan's hooked on Garlic Head. Way to go, garlicguy!!!!! [Applause] [Applause]

Now, for those of you who recently received Garlic Head jars, tell us your favorite way of using it?

EDIT: Oh, btw, the bragging rights aren't mine. They're gg's!!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2007 06:57      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds awesome.

Sadly I think people at the post office like to toss stuff around because the lid on my jar came slightly off in the packaging and as a result I had to put it all down the drain.

So I guess my favorite way of using it is as a air freshener. I could smell the sauce all day from anywhere in my house. [Smile]

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2007 15:56      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
Sounds awesome.

Sadly I think people at the post office like to toss stuff around because the lid on my jar came slightly off in the packaging and as a result I had to put it all down the drain.

So I guess my favorite way of using it is as a air freshener. I could smell the sauce all day from anywhere in my house. [Smile]

No way!!!! Again something happened to your package??? :-o
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2007 16:11      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
Sounds awesome.

No way!!!! Again something happened to your package??? :-o
Well this was my first time getting Garlic Head. But some other forum member had there jar smashed in the packaging.

GG: Maybe you should get the boxes with the little pieces of cardboard in the corners on the inside of the box to stop the jar's from moving so much.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2007 16:43      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D'oh! I forgot who had the smashed jar... :-/
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture