homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » /me waves a bit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: /me waves a bit
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2007 10:57      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sooooo, how're the forums these days? [Wink]

I've been absent for awhile, as those of you who know me know...New job, and the subsequent move, and just life in general have kept me insanely busy. Far too busy to use forums, sadly. [ohwell] (Though I am still on IRC most of the time (shameless IRC plug)).

Maybe I'll have time to stick around a bit more? We'll see. Oh, and member numbers past 10K??? Damn.

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 03, 2007 11:10      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yay Spidie! Great to read you. [Smile]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 04, 2007 07:56      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! Stick around more! Grand idea!

We need some Spidey goodness around these parts [Smile]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2007 19:06      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:
Yes! Stick around more! Grand idea!

We need some Spidey goodness around these parts [Smile]

And what better way to *stick* around than to point out your possibly unintended pun? [Wink]

/me ducks

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2007 21:18      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
Sooooo, how're the forums these days? [Wink]

I've been absent for awhile, as those of you who know me know...New job, and the subsequent move, and just life in general have kept me insanely busy. Far too busy to use forums, sadly. [ohwell] (Though I am still on IRC most of the time (shameless IRC plug)).

Maybe I'll have time to stick around a bit more? We'll see. Oh, and member numbers past 10K??? Damn.

And just what is with these people with member numbers over 1000 anyway? [Wink]

/me can grok the meaning of 'busy' and offers a cup of coffee... [Smile]

But now my vacation comes to a close and the fun is about to resume...whee!

Still, good to see you here...and skylar, too!

I even saw Xanthine poke her head in elsewhere, and Footsie as well.

Maybe I'll have to stop by IRC...but my mini is misbehaving right now, and I'm the barefoot cobbler, so...blah.

Ja ne!

/me laughs out loud at:
http://chime.tv/#u/chirag/it_crowd/3j4b2

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 16:14      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fwiw Dragonman you can download the complete series 1 of the IT crowd here

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 17:48      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
fwiw Dragonman you can download the complete series 1 of the IT crowd here

I've already seen the complete series 1, but thanks. :-)

I occasionally visit boingboing, and while the drivel-to-interesting ratio is quite skewed IMHO, I do find some interesting links from time to time. The preceding link was one such thing...I hadn't watched it in quite awhile, and while I'd heard rumor that a second round was happening, I quickly forgot to follow up. This was a very pleasant surprise, though I do miss the significantly more IT-related style of the last season/series. :-/ After watching episodes 1&2, I watched episode 1 of series 1 for good measure, and enjoyed it more. The geek factor just does it for me. Sadly, that isn't true of the general viewing public. *sigh*

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted September 06, 2007 13:51      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Spidey! I'm quite idle at the moment, the lack of Internet access at home is a pain in the arse. Well, time to do some homework. See ya!
Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2007 07:49      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spiiiiddddeeeyyy!

Nearer to or further from Chicago?

Skiing in Idaho this year?

Grace us with a pun over at the Men of GC Calendar, would ya', dude?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2007 17:42      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Spiiiiddddeeeyyy!

Nearer to or further from Chicago?

Skiing in Idaho this year?

Grace us with a pun over at the Men of GC Calendar, would ya', dude?

[Big Grin]

Mr. Garlic!! [Wink]

Closer to Chicago. Up in the north suburbs. I can get downtown in 30 minutes now if traffic isn't hellish (basically never the case any more since IDOT really neads one more "I" after the D....read: insanely stupid construction planning causing the entire Chicago and metro area to become one giant traffic jam every day...yeah, even worse than it always has been, but I digress).

Overall, I'm liking it here, though I'll probably move closer to the city again when my lease is up....this is an INSANELY expensive suburb, with my apartment costing just as much as a decent place on lake shore drive in the loop. [Razz] The plus side is a 2.8 mile drive to work...such a dilemma.

Sadly, probably no skiing in Idaho this winter, although I probably won't know until January if it'll be feasible. My brother who's lived out there the past few years is currently over in Iraq, so I'll probably not have a place to stay/people to ski with like I have in previous years.

I'll *consider* gracing the that thread with a pun, though I don't know...I just don't know...

How's garlic land? [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture