homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » What did you do today? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What did you do today?
Th3Chos3n0n3
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10510

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 09:06      Profile for Th3Chos3n0n3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm.. me?

I posted to the 1000th comic giveaway and burnt some friends...

Posts: 2 | From: Germany | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 15:21      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent twelve hours looking for the 'any' key. [Frown]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 15:32      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to class, made a new friend, and got a parking ticket!
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 15:52      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been programming all day. Made this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EeJB9Qc9Fg

I'm pretty pleased with it, even though someone way more talented than me did the difficult stuff.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 17:17      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm worked in the field most of the day and registered for a new year of school. Grade 12 - one more year and I'm out of this small town.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
littlenewsie
Geek Apprentice
Member # 7241

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 18:31      Profile for littlenewsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to class which required climbing lots of stairs and hills and now I'm doing homework...

--------------------
"Teachers ramble on and on about freedom of the press but God help you if you try to use it." Gordon Korman

Posts: 46 | From: The Other Side of PA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 18:36      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worked on the cursed paper that has been consuming my life for the past month or so. I'd rather stick an ice pick through my eye than look at it again, and it's nowhere near done.

I also refrained from throwing something at my boss.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 18:52      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent four hours in court, to only be told to return again on the 18th.

Then spent another four hours (after a 40 minute drive back to town) enrolling kids in school.

Got lunch and had me a fatty(literally) Double Bacon Western Cheeseburger and about a liter of Coke.

Came home, drank beer.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 22:14      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sang "Happy Birthday" to one of my best friends.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 00:05      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heated up a catalyst, then I cooled it down. And then I repeated that 4 more times.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 07:21      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beat my head against my desk repeatedly. Went home, drank heavily.
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 13:23      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worked yet more overtime...

Took delivery of a "new to me" 9 month old intel 20" iMac...

Currently watching the Migration assistant progress bar and wishing that it would "hurry the fsck up" so I can see how it really performs once all my digital clag is installed into it... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 09:24      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been txting family and friends all morning to make sure everything is in order on the home front before I ship. I have also been reading up on peoples "Diaries" of BCT to get more of an idea of what to expect. I also made breakfast for my kids and will start lunch in a minute.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 14:51      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took the druid-hound to the vet.

They have a little notice-board in the waiting area, mostly people looking for new homes for pets they can't keep. This one caught my eye...

quote:
Baby Budgies - free to good home.
No snake owners please.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 16:16      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skipped out on the company picnic to go to Panera with a couple of neat co-workers, and picked up my car from the mechanic, which now has working a/c.
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 19:07      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I switched my auto insurance and for only $90 more than I was paying per year for just auto insurance I got slightly better auto coverage, renters insurance, and AAA membership. I feel horribly domestic, but very accomplished.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 30, 2007 19:23      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
email, worked on the comic, worked on a high rez comic, packed a propeller beanie order, took my mom into town, got a haircut, dropped off caps at embroiderer, shopped for groceries, mailed an order, returned home, flopped on couch for tea, happy birthday to my nephew and my brother too, yet another email to Google wondering what's up, shipped high rez comic, currently working on Joypoll. [Geek]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 23:07      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I farted and it was so bad, i had to leave the room. Poor Verizon tech heading in had no idea what he was about to walk in to. the video simulation.

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2007 13:03      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, hal, that was NSFW ferchrissakes!! But only in that I really don't want to have to explain to my coworkers why I'm laughing so hard. I have a special place in my heart for fart humor. You might say my heart is part fart.

Okay, okay, back to work, people.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2007 13:24      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent hal's link of Jurassic Fart to about 39 people, all the while wondering which would laugh, which would get angry and which wouldn't get it.

Didn't take long - now I have to run business errands the rest of the afternoon.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2007 14:06      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went swimming in the pool, the water was wonderfully cool and the desert sky was and still is, the brightest blue today, the breeze is warm and strong. All in all a very nice day.
Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2007 19:52      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to church this morning, then came home and called Sprocket (from IRC). Got his voicemail and sang into it my three verse version of Happy Birthday, modulating a whole-step after each verse, accompanied by my crummy guitar playing. I'll send BMG their royalty check tomorrow. [Razz]

Spent the rest of the day bumming around in the bus with my friend Tucker. Came back to my place and Sprocket and his gf came over for a while. After everyone left I went grocery shopping, then called my parents, now I'm eating Oreo cookies with milk while typing up this post and chatting on IRC...

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2007 19:52      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drove northwest for 4 hours until I could find a good spot to bury the dead hooker in my trunk. Then I detail cleaned the car.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2007 23:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slept. Organized some piles of paper that have gotten unwieldy. Figured out what to do with about 50 e-mail messages. Walked 4 miles. Made some pie. Ate some pie. Felt like I got my life back for a little bit. (Work has been *hell* lately.)

Now...off to sleep some more, and enjoy the day off tomorrow as well.

I'd better be careful, otherwise I might OD on DayOff. Maybe Dr. Nitrozac can give me a prescription for the non-habit-forming kind?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2007 23:44      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent the weekend sneaking around the southwestern corner of the state and wishing I was traveling with people interested in hiking. Spent the morning sneaking around Telluride. Spent the afternoon and evening coming home.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture