homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Attack of the Giant Spiders

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attack of the Giant Spiders
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 19, 2007 17:04      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yuk!

There seems to be a giant spider invasion in our house. These are wolf spiders, the big west coast kind, with the big legs... YUK!

We get them every year, but for the last few months there has been hardly any. Now, they are back, three spotted in the last two days. EW YUK!

Anyway, I don't want to think about, as whenever one appears, irrational primordial fear springs up and crawls all over me.
*Shiver*

Edit: I think they might be Hobo spiders. ewwww

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2007 18:56      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you the kind of person who just freezes up when they see a spider even when it's dead?

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 19, 2007 19:01      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope, I can handle a dead one. It has to be moving, stop, then look over at me before I freak out.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2007 01:34      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy, don't ever go to Iraq.
 -

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 20, 2007 07:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha... I've been to Indonesia. There were spiders there making webs between the power lines... now those were GIANT! yuk! [Eek!]
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2007 08:34      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The things you find when you go googling for 'spider' pictures...

This might cure your phobia Snaggy.
 -

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 20, 2007 16:32      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that does help!
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2007 18:19      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<necropost>
Snaggy: Don't go to Texas.
quote:
From TFA:
A monstrous network of sheet-like webs covering several hectares has been spun over trees in Lake Tawakoni State Park

-

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture