homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » macmcseboy gets pwned... AGAIN!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: macmcseboy gets pwned... AGAIN!
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted August 16, 2007 12:31      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FFS! [Mad] ... not even 6 months into our new store and we get broken into. They broke in the front door. They managed to smash a security film laminated glass door pane.

They peeled away their handiwork and entered the store. They take a MacBook and a MacBook Pro on the demo station... busting the duckheads and security cable tiedown points on the demo station.

Next they take an apple TV off the shelf, our entire inventory of iPods and some flash memory cards.

All in all. This is less than the 40K$ that was stolen 3 years ago. It took all of 2.5 minutes, thats timed from the security cameras. Police arrived 1.5 minutes later. Break in occurred at around 0530 PDT.

I am pretty pissed off, but I do not feel violated like last time... last time was far more personal... link to previous break in here... http://members.shaw.ca/phantomtek/pix/ripoff/

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 16, 2007 13:39      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're insured, right?

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2007 13:46      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
le duh which is french for duh! [Wink]

We just got the door fixed.. now we wait for the police detectives to show them the video..

Other than that business as usual.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2007 06:16      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like last time they were in it for more destruction than anything. This time, just the goods maybe? Either way, it sucks. [Frown]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 17, 2007 11:04      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some stats on the issue.

Total caper time. 2 min 45 seconds
Total Merch/property damage/loss 10K

Police response 7 minutes
Police distance from store 4 blocks
Police effectiveness 0.00

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2007 18:18      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"le buggre" which is fake french/quebecois for "fscking [email protected]@rds...."

I have no further comments to make on the matter [thumbsdown]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture