homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Blogging (again) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Blogging (again)
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 08:33      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen: I only step on your lawn because it's the prettiest lawn in the world! I can't help it, I'm sorry. I love the squwishy sound it makes when I step on it because you over water it.

HV: Mamma said life was like a box of chocolates...and she also said never take said chocolates from a stranger. [Razz] [crazy]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 09:26      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
no imagination? hmmph. I think several people around here can vouch for mine, filthy as it is.

I think this once again calls for scientific evidence [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 10:29      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LemonSmuggler:
I love blogging. I usually just don't keep it up. So I decided to start a small one that will only last till my birthday.

How many of you have a stop and start thing with blogging? [crazy]

I'm really bad with blogging. Mostly because my days are:

"I woke up. I wrote. I felt guilty I didn't clean the house today. Dog still reeks. Need to tweeze."

Who wants to hear that?

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 11:06      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blogging is merely a mainfestation of one's latent desire to be pursued by some would-be romantic interest. It's a trail of candy into the woods. You're saying -- "look, you can stalk me without needing those goggles. I'll even tell you where I like to pop in for a coffee on me way home." And then they're all like -- "Ooh, officer -- he broke into my building and stole my urine." It sucks. These chicks need to fish, or cut bait. [Frown]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 12:39      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blogging (v): Attention whoring under the mantle of literary pretensions.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 12:50      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Blogging is merely a mainfestation of one's latent desire to be pursued by some would-be romantic interest. It's a trail of candy into the woods. You're saying -- "look, you can stalk me without needing those goggles. I'll even tell you where I like to pop in for a coffee on me way home." And then they're all like -- "Ooh, officer -- he broke into my building and stole my urine." It sucks. These chicks need to fish, or cut bait. [Frown]

Eh, that depends. When I wrote frequently, even when in a close circle of friends, I never identified anybody or anything by name -- I prefer wicked nicknames for them. Young fools, yeah definitely are idiots when it comes to what information they provide publicly, but don't lump everything into one category as you're so wont to do.
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 13:09      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

You say that as if it were a bad thing [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 13:52      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

Eh, that depends. When I wrote frequently, even when in a close circle of friends, I never identified anybody or anything by name -- I prefer wicked nicknames for them. Young fools, yeah definitely are idiots when it comes to what information they provide publicly, but don't lump everything into one category as you're so wont to do.
I know. I were only being faisty-ous. [Razz]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 14:06      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

For me, blogging is for the various people who I talk to occasionally but not daily. I read their blogs so that I can catch up with them, they read mine for the same reason.

So [Razz]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 05:50      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

For me, blogging is for the various people who I talk to occasionally but not daily. I read their blogs so that I can catch up with them, they read mine for the same reason.

So [Razz]

NO. you are only an attention whore.

ham!

WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 13:59      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

So [Razz]

NO. you are only an attention whore.

ham!

Never argue with a woman packing a rifle [Big Grin]

--------------------

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2007 06:01      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its not a rifle! Its a carbine!

... which is a fancy word for "short rifle." [Razz]

Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 12 posted July 12, 2007 17:24      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMGWTHOMG!!1!1!!1! biznes ater, U R A bith!!11!!!1!

Stop flirten with mi maaaaaaaaaayun! WAAAAAAAA! [cry baby]

I am so blogging this, you EVIL bith!!!!11!!1!

(Yes, I know BA and WS are not flirting, but I thought it was appropriate to jump to the conclusion and completely blow it out of proportion, seeing how emo and poorly proofread weblogs tend to be.)

I'm going to commit to 30 days, 30 blogs starting tonight. See if I can keep up with the emo crap n stuff.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2007 05:38      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30 sets the bar pretty high. I'm lucky to get 15-25 a month. Some days, there's just nothing to say lol.

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2007 05:49      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
OMGWTHOMG!!1!1!!1! biznes ater, U R A bith!!11!!!1!

Stop flirten with mi maaaaaaaaaayun! WAAAAAAAA! [cry baby]

I am so blogging this, you EVIL bith!!!!11!!1!

LOL!

rifleJess > emoJess [evil]

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2007 09:59      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
OMGWTHOMG!!1!1!!1!

Is that a "Wad of Tofu with Hummus on Organic Multi-Grain bread" sandwich? Sounds like something straight out of KoL.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2007 10:42      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've been playing KoL far too much.

(not that I have any room to talk [Roll Eyes] )

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
davor
Mini Geek
Member # 3073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 14, 2007 09:15      Profile for davor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was blogging about technology since 2003. I named my blog: "Davor's Technology Blog" (obviously) and it was about technology in general at first but then I made it more Apple-centered. I don't have my own space and domain yet, I used to host my blog at blogspot and then switched to wordpress.com in May 2006.

http://davortech.wordpress.com

Recently I started using Tumblr to post interesting articles,videos, photos from other sources on the web. I also use Tumblr for distributing my social networking,last fm and flickr RSS feeds.

http://davortech.tumblr.com

I also have myspace (that I never really use), Facebook,Twitter,Jaiku and Pownce.

--------------------
Davor

http://davortech.wordpress.com

Posts: 51 | From: europe | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture