homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » What will you be doing on 07/07/07?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What will you be doing on 07/07/07?
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 5 posted July 02, 2007 17:56      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[crazy]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted July 02, 2007 20:25      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got to take some preliminar tests to enter my beloved university. Nothing special, Mathematics and English.

I'd also love to watch Duran Duran again in concert at Live Earth, they were awesome at the Concert for Diana [Big Grin]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2007 22:03      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If all goes as planned, I'll be climbing a mountain with a buddy. If all doesn't go as planned, I'll be out on my bicycle.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2007 23:27      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Packing, I'm heading back to the states for the first time in threee years on Sunday.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2007 23:42      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The plan is to go up to the mountains for a week doing some trail crew work. However, my grandpa's not doing so well, so I might have to go down that way to be with family, depending on what happens this week.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 01:57      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If all goes to plan, it will be my first day living with my boyfriend (in the process of moving atm... argh) so I will be lounging in his living room, helping to drink the beers I will have bought for his housemates [Big Grin]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 04:29      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you who live in Central PA, Union National Community Bank is offering 7-month CDs at 7% interest on 07/07/07 at its two new branch offices (Old Philadelphia Pike/HACC and Centerville Road). You can't move money already invested at that bank, but you can transfer money from other banks and get it back seven months later. Mom wants to invest my brother's college money in a CD on Saturday, so I may be conscripted to make an appearance at one of those branches seeing as Mom has to work part of the day on Saturday and may not get off in time to get to the bank.

But here's a more important question: What are YOU doing on 07/21/07?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 06:08      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I wish I could say that I will be one of many couples getting married on such an auspicious day, but that ain't happening. Instead, I will be participating in the Montreal Hash House Harriers Annual Red Dress Run! [Big Grin]

Now, I just need to find a red dress...

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 06:49      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know yet. I was thinking maybe going to Montreal for Fantasia (the weird film festival: from big anime to independant gore movies, how else to classify it?); I see that they show GITS:SAC - Solid State Society. Might as well use the occasion to invite other GCers over... Anyone interested?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 06:56      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
umm probably do nothing like most summer vacation days. [Smile]

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 07:12      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:
Well, I wish I could say that I will be one of many couples getting married on such an auspicious day, but that ain't happening. Instead, I will be participating in the Montreal Hash House Harriers Annual Red Dress Run! [Big Grin]

get a cheap pair of tennis shoes and spray paint them red!
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 07:15      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
quote:

get a cheap pair of tennis shoes and spray paint them red!
Probably easier just to find a red pair of Keds! [Big Grin]
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 07:50      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhon: What's 7/21/07?
The 7th is something of a palindrome, *and* works for both sides of the pond. OTOH, it's not nearly as good a day on the other side of the pond. [Frown]

Stereo, interesting idea, but I think I've got already got plans. :/
/me thinks he's going to be going to a rather boring belated 4th party. woo yay?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 07:58      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
I don't know yet. I was thinking maybe going to Montreal for Fantasia (the weird film festival: from big anime to independant gore movies, how else to classify it?); I see that they show GITS:SAC - Solid State Society. Might as well use the occasion to invite other GCers over... Anyone interested?

I don't think I will be available for that weekend, but I'm sure hoping to catch some other flicks during Fantasia!! [Smile]

Ooh! I think tickets go on sale today!

Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 14:00      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

After seeing this, and checking the local HHH, we are having one as well. Mayhaps Ill be doing the same...

In any case, me and the gf are having a cookout with some friends.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 22:42      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
07/21/07: the final Harry Potter book will be released.

I was reminded in the car on the way to work this morning that 07/07 two years ago (the day I had one of my carpal tunnel surgeries) was the subway bombing in London. Will any of you attend an observance or make special effort to pause and reflect for that reason?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture