homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » yeah, so i'm probably just ASKING for trouble, but...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: yeah, so i'm probably just ASKING for trouble, but...
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 10 posted June 13, 2007 20:59      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just got it tonight, lil rough around the edges, but runs very nice and in decent mechanical condition

2002 SV650

needs a left mirror and a brake lever - anyone got a REALLY cheap one handy? [ohwell]

not as obvious, needs a chain, and has a few scratches and cracks from 1st owner dropping it in the driveway [Roll Eyes] , and the speedo cable isn't working
i don't really care how fast i'm going though, do i?

lot more torque, and comes in far sooner than my last bike, '82 cb750f

enough yammering, here's some pictars

-
 -
 -

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2007 23:02      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judging from the pictures, that thing has a virtually unlimited potential for pain and suffering [Smile]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2007 02:00      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was nice knowing you, ct.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 14, 2007 03:49      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks nice - lets see how long it takes before you crash.

I bet 5 Geek Culture dollars that you will crash within a month.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2007 04:22      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... not to be an ass or anything, but didn't you just recently become unemployed (again)? And how many times have we seen you complaining about being broke as you tried to sell off amps, computer equipment and other crap because you had no money? Do the words "savings" and "money management" mean anything to you?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2007 04:49      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
means plenty - the $ i spent for this has been set aside specifically for this kind of thing for quite a long time
spending it does not affect ability to pay bills (yet!), lack of proper employment does

besides which, if it comes down to it, i can sell this bike for a lot more than what i paid - there is profit to be had

might seem a frivolous expense that i shouldn't make, and some may be right
and yeah, i still have a bunch of things i want/need to sell, it's like money wasted by not doing anything with them
not having sold them hasn't affected me either (though i really could use the space it all takes up)

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 14, 2007 12:49      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go again!

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture