homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » boo's day off

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: boo's day off
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 12:39      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm eating popcorn and drinking grapefruit juice. [Big Grin] I finally finished my work out, but I haven't showered yet, so . .. ewww. I'm liking this lazy day. [thumbsup]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 12:45      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you got your day off. It's good to have a lazy day every now and then, even if you do smell a bit funky [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 12:53      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Mad] I do no such thing.
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 12:59      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I quote "but I haven't showered yet, so . .. ewww."

Why would you go ewww other than the smell?

... and do you need any help washing your back? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 13:22      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, I must be the least stinky person on the planet. Even when I work out and work up quite a sweat, I don't get stinky. [Smile] I don't know why, I just don't. The ewww was mostly for the sticky feeling one has during the 'cool down,' phase and for the mess my hair is, at the moment. So there. [Razz]

And thank you for your kind offer, but Juan the pool boy will be called in to service, if necessary. [thumbsup]

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 13:45      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As we all know fresh sweat doesn't "stink" or even smell "funky" - it might be full of pheremones but it doesn't smell in a way that the average human would notice... give it a few hours for the micro fauna to get to work on it and the results of their work might well be a bit "whiffy".

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 13:55      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
As we all know fresh sweat doesn't "stink" or even smell "funky" - it might be full of pheremones but it doesn't smell in a way that the average human would notice... give it a few hours for the micro fauna to get to work on it and the results of their work might well be a bit "whiffy".

[Big Grin]

I sweat vanilla and honey.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 12 posted June 06, 2007 15:03      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And thank you for your kind offer, but Juan the pool boy will be called in to service, if necessary.

Did I ever mention that my real name is Juan? ... and that I would like to discuss quantum physics with you [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:00      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
And thank you for your kind offer, but Juan the pool boy will be called in to service, if necessary.

Did I ever mention that my real name is Juan? ... and that I would like to discuss quantum physics with you [Big Grin]

So are you discussing it or not? I wasn't listening [Smile]

(It's a joke)

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:17      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12 more days and i can have as many lazy days as i want.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:47      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Big Grin]

Wiffy, that's cute. That must be English. [Smile]

And just to clariy, even after a few hours of micro fauna getting funky in my sweat, I would still smell as sweet as a buttercup. [Smile] And to further clarify, any wiffy odour eminating from my general direction, would be the micro fauna, not me. [thumbsup]

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:48      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Metasquares:
quote:

Juan is deluded. [Big Grin]
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:55      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha - indeed "whiffy" is probably pretty english... my daughter (6) recently described a bad "bottom burp" as being "a bit of a whiffle" but is is in fact based in perfectly good roots

Verb 1.
get a whiff - smell strongly and intensely, get a noseful
smell - inhale the odor of; perceive by the olfactory sense

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 17:05      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:

I bet there's a market for that somewhere..

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 19:06      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boo:
quote:
Originally posted by Metasquares:
quote:

Juan is deluded. [Big Grin]
The joke is that the wavefunction doesn't collapse until an observation is made (the observer becomes "entangled" with the situation, if I'm using the terminology correctly). Prior to entanglement, the state is indeterminate.

In plain English, it means that you were both discussing it and not discussing it because I wasn't listening.

Yeah, that happens when you become a grad. student.

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 19:13      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair, I have to admit that I'm a bit delusional at times [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 20:48      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:

[Big Grin]

That just makes me hungry. vanilla & honey? kinda sweet but hey any sweets are good.

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 21:08      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's drawing to an end.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture