homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » OUCH (v.2.0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OUCH (v.2.0)
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted June 03, 2007 11:01      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ow! It happened again... sunburned. This time it's on my legs... and even worse it's the ol' back-of-the-knees sunburn... YOW.

Never go outside without your pants on. [Razz]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 11:04      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

(none the less, I'm sorry to hear about your sunburn)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 11:24      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My legs got so badly sunburnt at the cricket a few years ago that I still have sock marks.

Keep up the moisturizing Snaggy. And do be careful if you ever come down here. You northerners are likely to cook. [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 11:30      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy, my mom put vinegar (cider, I think) on us at the shore when we got burns. It smelled, but oddly enough it numbed the pain... much better than aloe.

One of my high school classmates told us her family put Preparation H on sunburns.

The first time I went to the beach, it was just for the day. I didn't realize how strong the sun was, and didn't reapply my sunscreen. The ride home wasn't so bad, but getting out of the car was murder 'cause the sun had seared the backs of my knees, and straightening my legs stretched the burn. I found out the next day what else the sun had done: I couldn't fasten my bra for a week!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 12:22      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pants are overrated. Chaps. Wear chaps. Don't ask me, ask the women... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 12:40      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O.o Chaps?

Anyway, I very seldom burn, but there's so many remedies to choose from. Just don't use anything oil-based. [Smile]

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 13:13      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too, Snaggy!

I blame it on global warming.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 03, 2007 16:33      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used milk of magnesia for sunburns, you should keep your skin hydratated.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 16:57      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iWanToUseaMac:
I've used milk of magnesia for sunburns,

[Eek!] Exactly WHAT were you tanning??? [Eek!]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 14 posted June 03, 2007 17:01      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

http://www.opotion.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=87

just do it.

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 03, 2007 20:57      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooooo that looks good ct.

/me sets up the http matter transporter

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 23:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel your pain Snaggy.

/me has red hair and pale skin, did you know it's possible to get sunburned from watching beach movies?

Steen: never go pantless when there's a cat around.
</learned-the-hard-way>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 23:47      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luckily I don't burn easily (though it takes even more to get me to tan [Frown] ) but my other half is blond and fair skinned and so burns so easily I get worried if she stands next to a powerful table lamp. Therefore going out and enjoying the weather on Saturday probably wasn't the smartest move! We could do we some of the burn relief stuff -ct- - I bought about four bottles when I was last in the US (that was years ago) and kept one in the fridge at all times, but now I've run out just in time for summer [ohwell]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 00:43      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maswan has this stick of some sort of Swedish Army moisturizer. (It smells vaguely of vanilla and apparently you can cook with it.) The worst spots are still red and will probably peel, but it helped a lot.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 10:34      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
...some sort of Swedish Army moisturizer

I can just imagine the kit inspections......

Rifle - Check!
Ammunition - Check!
Bayonet - Check!
Pistol - Check!
Moisturiser - Oooh Sarge, well you know I did have, but that big Muscle Mary nicked it, the cow! - I should slap her face, I should...

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture