homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » I have to say goodbye

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have to say goodbye
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted May 08, 2007 14:18      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No not to you. It is time for me to say goodbye to my dog. I have had her for almost 10 years now. Unfortunately she has Cushing's syndrome and I can't afford the treatments. I am going to bring her to the vet Friday so that I can be with her when she is put to sleep. I feel really bad that I can't do anything more for her. At least I am doing everything I can to make her last days with us as happy for her as possible. I just wish I could save her.
Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted May 08, 2007 14:35      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]

oh man, i feel for you. I've had to make that decision a couple of times in my life... it is heartbreaking.

/me gives CrawGator's dog a hug. And CrawGator too.

[Frown]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 14:48      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel for you. I had to say bye to my little furbaby in January. He was 15 yrs old and was diabetic. I'll miss the little guy. You've done your best to give your fella a good life.

*HUGS*

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 16:28      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, I feel for you... I am not looking forward to my Jada's time. Have courage, and know that you are make the right decision.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 16:28      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear that but at least your dog had 10 great years of life.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted May 08, 2007 19:45      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All my sympathy. It is always hard when the time comes. All my pets are getting on in years and it won't be long before I have to go through with it too. [weep]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 19:52      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry.

That is a very, very hard thing to do.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 09:41      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard, but try not to be sad about her passing.

Remember, 10 is not a young age for a dog. You should be happy and proud that you gave a dog 10 years of a happy life, and celebrate what she was to you, because I'm sure you mean the world to her.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 10:29      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that Crawgator. Putting down a beloved pet is a hard thing to have to do.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 16:59      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry about your dog.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 20:53      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear about your pet. Funny how pets sometimes come to mean more than people themselves in our lives.
My deepest sympathies.

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2007 08:51      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for all the kind words everyone.

-

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
joliet_jane
Alpha Geek
Member # 818

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted May 10, 2007 19:55      Profile for joliet_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to have my cat put to sleep due to renal failure and diabetes. I hope your dog will be feeling better wherever he goes next.

--------------------
Please Visit http://www.wideweb.com/phonetrips/
And for Phun on the Phone:
http://www.Telephone-Entertainment.com/

Posts: 330 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 9 posted May 10, 2007 20:27      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I am crying. I am so sorry your buddy is gone. [Frown]

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture